Movie Superman (2025)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Superman: Legacy will be the 1st film of James Gunn's new DC cinematic Universe. Gunn is writing this movie himself. The film is scheduled for release on Friday, July 11, 2025.

Henry Cavill will not be returning as Superman, because this is a new origin story for Superman, and thus, Cavill will be replaced with a younger actor who has not yet been cast.

Gunn has decided to not just write but also direct this movie himself.

annoys me that we don't get Cavill as The Witcher or Superman anymore. Just dumb.

annoys me that we don't get Cavill as The Witcher or Superman anymore. Just dumb.
He was also attached to a Highlander reboot, but has been replaced by Hemsworth in that project as well.

James Gunn has cast David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman and Lois Lane.

Mrs. Maisel will now be Ms. Lane!

David-Corenswet-Rachel-Brosnahan-2.jpg

Vanity Fair:

Vanity Fair said:
Isabela Merced will play Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi will be Mister Terrific, and Nathan Fillion will portray a Green Lantern (although not necessarily the Green Lantern.)

Update: James Gunn confirms that Nathan Fillion is playing Guy Gardner.

anything with Nathan Fillion is ok in my book

He was also attached to a Highlander reboot, but has been replaced by Hemsworth in that project as well.
Clearing his schedule so he can be 007 for a decade and a half

James Gunn announced on Instagram that the subtitle of Legacy has been removed, so the title will simply just be Superman.