Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Watered down tater salad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 22,597.00
Had some thoughts here after one night couldn’t sleep and on the YouTube

Are there countries that want the artic ice to melt? We all know this world is about power and money. Could this even happen by 2050? Many things could happen between now and then.

Starts with Russia. If that ice melts they benefit the most by far.
1) They don’t have nearly the major cities on the coast like the US, Europe or China. If indeed that ice melts and the oceans rise, those cities are toast.
2) Russia owns the ocean rights to passage north of Siberia. China goods from Beijing to Europe would then go through this region = more $$ for Russia
3) Russia unthaws a bit more and oil, LNG, elements and minerals all boom. Farmland too

We already know China doesn’t mind killing their own people so they would have refugees galore heading away from coasts.

so in theory this would make Russia THE superpower on the earth. Why would they want to go green at all? China won’t either. And I’m not saying USA needs to follow suit, but what can we really do?

russia GIF

Do we have to take all their people too?

most Canadians I know are pretty fun people. Yes personal hygiene lacks but overall they are ok by me.

It’s an interesting thought experiment. I could see Russia just as you say. What’s so bad for them if the climate greatly rises?

China is one I just don’t know. Sure, they could give two shits about the people on the coasts. But how much of their economy and might is on the coast? Perhaps that they are not slowing down how they pollute is proof that not a significant part of their economy is on the coast, I guess.

We would lose California so it's a win for us and if Florida is under water then I'm that much closer to the beach.

It’s an interesting thought experiment. I could see Russia just as you say. What’s so bad for them if the climate greatly rises?

China is one I just don’t know. Sure, they could give two shits about the people on the coasts. But how much of their economy and might is on the coast? Perhaps that they are not slowing down how they pollute is proof that not a significant part of their economy is on the coast, I guess.

Interesting indeed. Would for sure be something that would slowly happen and they both could react accordingly but China is already acting at least in the sense where they can make a profit.

this is a full circle article here

Nonsense. Russia and China signed the Paris accords. This is clearly alt right propaganda.

This may or may not have anything to do with the op, but there will always be a coastline and I'll always go fishing. I'm pretty sure someone will open up a bait store.