THE final images of my basement addition

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 26,406.00
Hey everybody,

I posted a good many images of the basement addition I did at my house over an 18 month period. I hired an electrician to install a 3 way & a 4 way switch (mind blowing shit when I get away from a single pole switch). I hired a drywall finisher, I hired a carpet guy for my stairs to the basement from the main level & I hired a guy to install the black acoustic ceiling. Everything else me & my family did. I'm not posting all of the construction pictures here. It's all on the other site. But, here are the last images I have taken lately.

6f23135bd9d2f37e444d82aad37cbc96.jpg

97987d30d841407c993372f9ba2f46e4.jpg

bb2d4280399e151aea77508b05300fd6.jpg

8001820186de5913771542a26779e0ff.jpg

3ceb50d29bb6cb2f255d525cc78010e1.jpg

And here was the reason for the build.... My son 7 all his 16 year old buddies hanging out here, where I can keep an eye on them. LOL

7d52dfd50e4bf8f9232686c88f34d5ef.jpg

FINISH THE FUCKING KITCHENETTE
Yeah... I had a screw up. The furniture was huge. Took up more room than I anticipated. Wet Bar/Party Kitchen will get done. But the Fire Pit/outdoor area & the painting of the main level of my house are next in line.

Nice! I like the accent walls...
Really like the wood panel walls and the floors. Pretty sweet.

Thanks guys... The lumber side of the business I work for carries a #2 yellow pine that is tongue & groove flooring. Love the center cut grain in that wood.

I used vinegar & steel wool concoction to use as a stain to get a weathered look. Lowe's carries a Valspar stain that does the same thing.
1597838680523.jpeg

Thanks guys... The lumber side of the business I work for carries a #2 yellow pine that is tongue & groove flooring. Love the center cut grain in that wood.

I used vinegar & steel wool concoction to use as a stain to get a weathered look. Lowe's carries a Valspar stain that does the same thing.
View attachment 174
I’ve done that staining approach on a few pieces. We liked the look it brings. The vinegar and dissolved steel wool smells like blood and sour lol. But it’s a simple and natural approach.

Those walls look amazing to me!

View attachment 174
I did some antiquing of some wood in my game room. Painted it with a water based pearl paint first, then applied an antique glaze. went back over it after it set up, and used windex, with a green scotch pad, to take the glaze off the top of the textured wood panels. need to try and find a picture.

I did some antiquing of some wood in my game room. Painted it with a water based pearl paint first, then applied an antique glaze. went back over it after it set up, and used windex, with a green scotch pad, to take the glaze off the top of the textured wood panels. need to try and find a picture.
Yes sir... I'd like to see how that looks... Post a pic!!

Nice looking room. (y)

I've done a few basements with a dark drop ceiling and I like the way it takes the focus off of a fairly low ceiling. The wood accent walls are all the rage up here in Bedford, I've installed a bunch of that stuff in the last few years.

FINISH THE FUCKING KITCHENETTE
Ok... I get my bonus in March.... Pay my taxes & then I am finishing the kitchenette. Had plenty of time to get my layout. Just gotta get the cash & finish up painting the main level of my house. My kitchen & den are looking rough after 16 years of kids.

Ok... I get my bonus in March.... Pay my taxes & then I am finishing the kitchenette. Had plenty of time to get my layout. Just gotta get the cash & finish up painting the main level of my house. My kitchen & den are looking rough after 16 years of kids.
Yeah I know how it is. The funny thing, sometimes you need more time for a small space like that. If you rush it, little details get fucky, and you end up with things that stab you in the eye when you walk by it. Having a little extra time to really map it out before hand makes a difference. Even if it isnt by choice.