Movie The Killer (2023)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Finally get the first trailer for the new David Fincher movie coming out this fall in Netflix. He paired with the script writer of Se7en foe this one. Nothing remarkable from the trailer but the style is undeniably Fincher.

One of the best directors alive coming off maybe his worst movie in Mank. I am very much looking forward to this one.

Movie released last Friday on Netflix but it doesn't seem to matter to anyone here since this is a completely unserious forum where grown men only discuss movies meant for children like the new Ghostbusters movie starring kids and children's comic book movies.

A real man's movie came out and that's The Killer. The movie is slow and methodical like it's main character. Probably too slow for some but I really enjoyed it. Definitely better than Mank which was a low point for Fincher. I need to watch it again because a lot of the dialog (including internal dialog) is really well written. But it isn't as good as his best movies. It's certainly as stylish as them but I would rank it below his best. Good movie.

Not as good as: Fight Club, Zodiac, The Social Network, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl & Se7en.

Better than: The Game, Panic Room, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Mank and Alien 3.

Movie released last Friday on Netflix but it doesn't seem to matter to anyone here since this is a completely unserious forum where grown men only discuss movies meant for children like the new Ghostbusters movie starring kids and children's comic book movies.

A real man's movie came out and that's The Killer. The movie is slow and methodical like it's main character. Probably too slow for some but I really enjoyed it. Definitely better than Mank which was a low point for Fincher. I need to watch it again because a lot of the dialog (including internal dialog) is really well written. But it isn't as good as his best movies. It's certainly as stylish as them but I would rank it below his best. Good movie.

Not as good as: Fight Club, Zodiac, The Social Network, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl & Se7en.

Better than: The Game, Panic Room, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Mank and Alien 3.
How 'bout a quick plot synopsis?

I enjoyed this enough, but ultimately it felt like it was lacking....something.

My favorite part was his assessment of New Orleans....something like, "6,000 restaraunts, one menu." :laugh:

How 'bout a quick plot synopsis?

A for hire assassin gets himself in a situation where he then is out for revenge against other for hire assassins.

That's the best way to put it without ruining the opening sequence of the film.

The Killer
Netflix
Fincher supposedly explores the ethic and inner monologue of a high paid assassin. Plots spurious, and nothing of interest is explored. There’s no there there. Fincher. Fassbender. And meh.

Aren't you the jagoff that admitted to playing "Legends of Zelda" multiple hours a day? Something a child would do. Or a grown adult that never said the words, "this is some good pussy".

Just watched The Killer the other day......I give it a 5.

Too damn slow......
Not enough action.....
I dont like movies when a character explains whats on his mind thru out the movie.......
And so forth.

But then again,I never liked any Netflix originals......they are all pretty much blah.

I enjoyed this enough, but ultimately it felt like it was lacking....something.

My favorite part was his assessment of New Orleans....something like, "6,000 restaraunts, one menu." :laugh:
Pretty much my assessment as well.

Good movie. But slow and a little predictable