The Kingkiller Chronicles

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,609.00
Just read the first two books and figured I couldn't be the only one who has read these. Anyone else on here read them? thoughts?

First book took me a week or so of on and off reading. Blew through book 2 in 2 days (~15 hours ish) because i couldn't put it down haha kind of sad i'm now waiting on book 3...

Just discovered he wrote a short story about Bast called "the Lightning Tree" and an entire book on Auri called "The slow regard of Silent things." Would anyone happen to have these or know where I can get them?

Reactions: ill
I have Slow Regard on my book shelf. I let my cousin borrow his first two novels and she hasn't gotten them back to me yet.

I have not heard of the Bast story though...might have to hunt that down.

There were rumors that the 3rd book would be coming out soon but I think that was just bullshit.

But, I agree with you, it's a good story. Hope it continues very soon, but Rothfuss has kind of been going through some shit, from what I can tell...like divorce or something

It seems like a really long time ago I read Book 2. Overall story is great, but the Guy may die before we find out what's behind that damn door.

It seems like a really long time ago I read Book 2. Overall story is great, but the Guy may die before we find out what's behind that damn door.
He's still pretty young

He seems to be spending most of his time playing video games and streaming on twitch. Maybe just burned out to go along with his personal life issues, but hopefully he'll refocus start writing again soon. Great series, but life does get in the way some times. Like GRRM, they don't owe fans anything, but it would be nice to get some closure.

Plenty of other authors that are worth reading in the meantime.

He seems to be spending most of his time playing video games and streaming on twitch. Maybe just burned out to go along with his personal life issues, but hopefully he'll refocus start writing again soon. Great series, but life does get in the way some times. Like GRRM, they don't owe fans anything, but it would be nice to get some closure.

Plenty of other authors that are worth reading in the meantime.
I think he got divorced and is going through some sort of deoression. He blogs about his boys a lot...but it doesn't sound like he is raising them with anyone anymore

I think he got divorced and is going through some sort of deoression. He blogs about his boys a lot...but it doesn't sound like he is raising them with anyone anymore

What I've gathered as well from some of his tweets. Hoping he'll bounce back and get to a better place.

What I've gathered as well from some of his tweets. Hoping he'll bounce back and get to a better place.
Same here. Even if he comes up with a novella to get the juices flowing again

You could say the same about GoT if it wasn't for HBO.

You could say the same about GoT if it wasn't for HBO.
Martin says he will have the next ASOIAF out next summer.

On the actual topic, I've heard about this series, never read it.

Honestly, was never into Sci-Fi novels outside of when I read LOTR when I was in middle school, and then about 5 years ago I got into GoT, and then I have just started to read all kinds of books in the genre. Right now I'm working on reading the Star Wars Canon, and I'm loving it, also working on Old Man's War series which I find absolutely brilliant.

I'll get to this one day.

I'd consider Kingkiller/GoT/etc as high fantasy, not Sci-Fi.

Old Man's War is a good series.

who were you on the other site?

I'd consider Kingkiller/GoT/etc as high fantasy, not Sci-Fi.

Old Man's War is a good series.

who were you on the other site?
I am lazy and lump it all in Sci-Fi.

I'm almost done with Old Man's War, just read Zoe's Tale which was good, but not great.

On the other site I was Eco.

1605665052311.png

Hasn't he said similar things MANY times in the past?
I think he is legit this time. The show is behind him and he can focus on this.

I think he is legit this time. The show is behind him and he can focus on this.
True, but he is about one stumble away from a heart attack, and he's continue to look so much worse nowadays, so I'm not expecting anything. If we get more...then great. If not, then it was great to get what we did.

I am lazy and lump it all in Sci-Fi.

I'm almost done with Old Man's War, just read Zoe's Tale which was good, but not great.

On the other site I was Eco.

View attachment 10923
gotcha.

I just had a conversation with someone either here or there about Old Man's War. I only did the first book.

Scalzi is a really great writer. His Collapsing Empire series is great.

gotcha.

I just had a conversation with someone either here or there about Old Man's War. I only did the first book.

Scalzi is a really great writer. His Collapsing Empire series is great.
Why did you stop? The Series is so good.

I have a simple google doc of things I want to do before I die, and I recently added to read all of the Hugo Award winners, and that's how I found Scalzi.