The perfect hard-boiled egg

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,743.00
It’s seems simple enough, but I have heard a hundred different ways to get the best results. I’m curious to know how the Hoop does it.

mine:

put eggs in pot, cover with cold water, add salt and vinegar, and bring to a boil. Then kill the heat as soon as it comes to a good boil. Let them sit for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from pot and run cold water over them until cool. Peel and enjoy.

1 - Bring pot of water to a rolling boil.

2 - Chuck eggs overhand into pot.

3 - Throw that away and make an omelette.

It’s seems simple enough, but I have heard a hundred different ways to get the best results. I’m curious to know how the Hoop does it.

mine:

put eggs in pot, cover with cold water, add salt and vinegar, and bring to a boil. Then kill the heat as soon as it comes to a good boil. Let them sit for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from pot and run cold water over them until cool. Peel and enjoy.
tenor.gif

I don't add salt and vinegar

My step mother adds vinegar. Makes the house smell awful. The smell of hard boiled eggs and vinegar is atrocious.

It’s just how I learned to do it. I was told that it makes them easier to peel.

Seriously though, when I hard boil eggs, I just put the eggs in a pot with cool water (not over crowded) and bring to a boil and turn off the heat and let them sit about 10 minutes and run cool water over them.

Pretty much the same as you, minus the vinegar and salt.

My GF loves them, not sure what she does....

we could wait for @Flavortown Tebow to tell us how he uses his Ninja Foodi

Never boiled an egg in there. Works wonders on a whole chicken though.

mine:

I think I leave them in the once boiling water for 8 minutes. My issue is always peeling them. Sometimes they peel easy, sometimes they don't. I've tried everything from an immediate ice bath to some stupid little "egg peeler" shaking tool I got one Xmas, to using vinegar in the water, to the youtube trick of poking one end and blowing the egg out. None of em work. Just luck of the draw if they peel or not, but I have found Egglands best usually peel better.