The Philosophical Side of AI

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 91,200.00
If and when Artificial Intelligence advances to consciousness, can "they" be granted autonomy?

If and when Artificial Intelligence advances to consciousness, can "they" be granted autonomy?

Best AI Movie ... Age of Ultron ... some good Philosophy in it ... is Ultron alive and the next level Vision.

I was thinking of The Bicentennial Man, which morphed into the Novel The Positronic Man both movie, but more so, the book by Isaac Asimov

I guess I'm not quite up to date.

Can a robot with AI actually "think" for itself? Or is AI reaction to stimulus? If this, then that.

Can a robot with AI actually "think" for itself? Or is AI reaction to stimulus? If this, then that.

I think it's a reaction to stimulus, with pre-programmed logic. The formulation of abstract thought could be crazy.

I think it's a reaction to stimulus, with pre-programmed logic. The formulation of abstract thought could be crazy.
It is an "if" question. I don't think we are anywhere near developing a self-aware and I don't know if we will. It is more of a question of at what level of consciousness is enough to declare such a being autonomous

Thanks guys. Nothing about AI is written simply. The authors need or feel compelled to write about in such a way that they appear to be Einsteinian. I'm still amazed at systems like Watson that appear to be so cutting edge. Then my common man brain asks, why don't they program these things to do all of the potential medicinal mixes and input human tolerance levels at the lowest? Maybe they are and I just don't have enough info.