The Shohei Ohtani experiment appears to be over

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00

Angels chew up another promising player, fail to win championship for 11,938th time, make no apologies.

In the end, Ohtani is somewhat to blame. He could’ve gone to a lot of other franchises, but consciously picked LA.

Angels chew up another promising player, fail to win championship for 11,938th time, make no apologies.

In the end, Ohtani is somewhat to blame. He could’ve gone to a lot of other franchises, but consciously picked LA.
He is Bostons headache now.

Angels need to trade trout and rebuild from the ground up. I think they are rid of all those contracts. Pujols, rendon, and the others

Angels need to trade trout and rebuild from the ground up. I think they are rid of all those contracts. Pujols, rendon, and the others
They’re on the hook for Rendon and nobody is taking that contract on.

But yes, they do need to trade Trout and go complete rebuild. I have no faith they will do it. They are the worst run franchise in baseball.

I understand them not trading Ohtani at the deadline, they were around .500 and still in contention, but it’s over now. They’ve had two of the best players we’ve ever seen and completely wasted their primes

They are already trying to screw Trout over by leaking that they want to trade him. He can veto any trade with his 10/5 and they know that. They want out of that deal because that's what they always do is sign stupidly large contracts and then pay to get out of them. Throwing Trout under the bus is just a POS move.

After this season Trout will only have 7 seasons of fully guaranteed $35.4M payments due.

Trout is still a great player and this years injury wasn't his fault, but still not sure how many of those 7 remaining years you can count on getting even 100 games out of Trout. I would think Angels need to eat at least $10m per year if they hope to get anything in return for him.

The 2025 Rangers pitching lineup could include:

deGrom
Scherzer
Ohtani

Doesn't Ohtani need Tommy John surgery?
Yeah and he's now going to have it done in the next couple of weeks. Like last time, it will mean he can DH and hit to start next season but probably won't pitch in MLB games until this time next year.

The 2025 Rangers pitching lineup could include:

deGrom
Scherzer
Ohtani
And Evoldi too. The taxes would be insane, though. DeGrom won't pitch until probably June/July next year and Ohtani won't pitch probably at all next year. Scherzer is the wildcard there, seems like a really crazy injury.

And Evoldi too. The taxes would be insane, though. DeGrom won't pitch until probably June/July next year and Ohtani won't pitch probably at all next year. Scherzer is the wildcard there, seems like a really crazy injury.
Scherzer has been showing signs of breaking down the last couple of seasons. In the 2021 playoffs, he had to leave a game early because of fatigue and then had to miss his next start.

He really wore down and wasn’t effective at all towards the end of last season and now this.

I wouldn’t bank on him being a major part of next season’s plans, much less 2025

Yeah and he's now going to have it done in the next couple of weeks. Like last time, it will mean he can DH and hit to start next season but probably won't pitch in MLB games until this time next year.
…if ever again. A second Tommy John usually turns you into Stephen Strasburg.

…if ever again. A second Tommy John usually turns you into Stephen Strasburg.
All the more reason for Texas to get him then. We could have the "All two TJ surgery" rotation. Go get Dustin May as well. DeGrom and Eovaldi have two now, as well.

Ohtani will be a Mariner bookmark it.