Movie The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

heard this morning that it is expected to make more than $1B

I think we can expect a ton of Nintendo movies going forward.

I liked how they incorporated elements of the various Mario games into the movie without it feeling too forced. I also liked that the storyline was not overly predictable. I liked that there was some humor in it that landed on both kids and adults.

heard this morning that it is expected to make more than $1B

I think we can expect a ton of Nintendo movies going forward.

I knew about halfway through the movie that this was going to be part #1 of a series of Nintendo movies - regardless of how much money it made. The Mushroom Kingdom and jungle realms are really the only Mario "worlds" the story brought us to with any substantial time served. There was brief moments of other "realms" (such as underground and underwater), but the movie definitely left the door wide open for several sequels in different locations with more Nintendo characters.

The Marvel movie fad is dying; this will probably take its place.

I took my son to the Mario movie Saturday morning. It was way better than I was hoping for. My son absolutely loved it. It's a good one for the fam.

9/10
Jack Black as Bowser was great.

Both my kids were dying at the "Peaches" song. I'd also agree I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to when my son begged to go see it

Both my kids were dying at the "Peaches" song. I'd also agree I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to when my son begged to go see it
That's cuz it was awesome.

Get ready to hear it daily for the next month. My daughter is obsessed with Jack Black now.

That's cuz it was awesome.

Get ready to hear it daily for the next month. My daughter is obsessed with Jack Black now.

Jack Black music is amazing. Tenacious D "fuck her gently" was a go to karaoke song of mine lol

Jack Black music is amazing. Tenacious D "fuck her gently" was a go to karaoke song of mine lol
She thinks the peaches song is hilarious, but will point out that he's actually singing his ass off, so to speak.

She knows nothing of Tenacious D tho. She's limited in her internet use.

The kids have watched it non stop since it come to Peacock. They really did a great job with this movie. I've picked up on right much that I missed in the theater.