Theater of the Absurd: Royal Caribbean's Icon of the Seas

Would you go on acruise on the Icon of the Seas? Please elaborate on your answer.

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd consider it after a wait and see

• I get seasick

• Potato salad with a side of seaweed

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
This thing is way too massive, can carry 7,600 passengers and is the world's largest cruise ship.
In cases of severe storm, rogue waves, mechanical and medical emergencies, how would this thing fare?
I think its just way to large and a ridiculous concept.

Would you ever go on a cruise in it?

1704316200571.png

This thing is way too massive, can carry 7,600 passengers and is the world's largest cruise ship.
In cases of severe storm, rogue waves, mechanical and medical emergencies, how would this thing fare?

Dance Dancing GIF by Carnival Cruise Line

View attachment 114194
I've been on half a dozen cruises including two Disney cruises and I would NOT book on this. Way too fucking big and can only cruise into large ports that can handle such a cow. Those ports are a little boring once you've been to them twice. The next cruise I go on will be on a much smaller ship with a capacity of 500 or less. Those ships can go anywhere. They're a little bit more expensive, but you never hear about them suffering massive viruses of dumb asses jumping to their death.

I've been on half a dozen cruises including two Disney cruises and I would NOT book on this. Way too fucking big and can only cruise into large ports that can handle such a cow. Those ports are a little boring once you've been to them twice. The next cruise I go on will be on a much smaller ship with a capacity of 500 or less. Those ships can go anywhere. They're a little bit more expensive, but you never hear about them suffering massive viruses of dumb asses jumping to their death.

yeah. i stopped getting off the fucking boat in cozumel been there done that.

big crowds don't bother me on cruise ships unless you're all trying to get onto the main deck for some show or midnight buffet. Most stuff you're going to do is scheduled in advance so you're not all waiting in line for the same activities.

But right now with my kid the age she is, Disney is the best cruise option. And if we do one that isn't Disney, it'll be to Alaska and probably on norwegian.

yeah. i stopped getting off the fucking boat in cozumel been there done that.
Yeah, that place is a zero. Last time I went, I took the kids to swim with the dolphins. That was fucking amazing, but there's nothing else in Cozumel. I would stay on the ship and get drunk now too.

Yeah, that place is a zero. Last time I went, I took the kids to swim with the dolphins. That was fucking amazing, but there's nothing else in Cozumel. I would stay on the ship and get drunk now too.

yeah we did the dolphinaris last year. it was alot of fun

big crowds don't bother me on cruise ships unless you're all trying to get onto the main deck for some show or midnight buffet. Most stuff you're going to do is scheduled in advance so you're not all waiting in line for the same activities.

But right now with my kid the age she is, Disney is the best cruise option. And if we do one that isn't Disney, it'll be to Alaska and probably on norwegian.
Disney cruises are fantastic, but the screaming kids all day can be a lot. But, you expect that so no complaints. There is an adults only pool that is strictly enforced so that's a lot quieter and the optional restaurants usually have much fewer kids in them. Loved the pirates party and night time fireworks. I brought some field walkie talkies, gave them to the kids and told them to answer if I called. otherwise, the only rule was don't fall off the ship and have fun

Mrs Redfoot and I went to Cozumel once, we got drunk and then swam with the dolphins. Pussy.

Honestly, I just don't think I'd do a cruise at all.

Disney cruises are fantastic, but the screaming kids all day can be a lot. But, you expect that so no complaints. There is an adults only pool that is strictly enforced so that's a lot quieter and the optional restaurants usually have much fewer kids in them. Loved the pirates party and night time fireworks. I brought some field walkie talkies, gave them to the kids and told them to answer if I called. otherwise, the only rule was don't fall off the ship and have fun

And the phones from room work all over the ship, so we would drop the kid off at the kid's club and sit at the adult pool with a few drinks or take in a movie.

Kid would be in the teen club now. Would probably mean less alone time with the lack of supervision there.

And the phones from room work all over the ship, so we would drop the kid off at the kid's club and sit at the adult pool with a few drinks or take in a movie.

Kid would be in the teen club now. Would probably mean less alone time with the lack of supervision there.
One of the Disney cruises we took was on Thanksgiving. I sat by the pool all day watching football on the jumbotron and they were grilling wings and ribs poolside. It was awesome! Kids were having a blast somewhere on the ship. Everybody happy!

Yeah, I’m not getting on that thing. Way too many people.

I’ve gone on multiple Caribbean cruises with different cruise lines. But I did A sailboat cruise back in 1989. that was one of the best trips I ever had other than having to fly into Saint Thomas. That airport is scary as hell.

Windstar cruises

Island, windjammer cruises

Too much of a Titanic vibe for me. Way too many people; its a huge Petri dish.

Any boat you can’t fish off of is useless