tOfficial Coffee Thread

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Made a french press of some locally roasted beans.

No cream, no sugar.

Just bought a Chemex pour over coffee carafe.

I have a problem. I have at least 6 different ways to make coffee in my house right now.

I throw a French or another dark roast cup in the keurig and some Italian sweet cream creamer in a travel mug for my hour commute each morning.

They kiddos got me a small espresso machine, grinder, Starbucks espresso roast beans, and some syrup for Christmas. I'll make an iced macchiato or cappuccino on the weekends when I've got more time.

That's essentially the extent of my coffee drinking, unless whiskey is added on holidays.

I don't like Keuregs but they will work in a pinch.

On a weekend I'd prefer sitting around and enjoying my coffee with a book and some music.

Snow White Coffee GIF
Good Morning Drinking GIF by University of Phoenix
Black Coffee GIF

Whatever my Wife makes, I drink.

Oh, and this shit is delicious

and some Italian sweet cream creamer

I don't like Keuregs but they will work in a pinch.

On a weekend I'd prefer sitting around and enjoying my coffee with a book and some music.
I've all but given up on Keurig. The pods and machine are cute and seem easy, but I've never thought the flavor very good. I don't drink tons of coffee, but figure at some point that I'll just re-invest in the old school Mr. Coffee with the paper filters. I'm not sure why people ever went away from a system that was just as fast, cheaper and produced a better finished product.

Ah….a thread about an obsession of mine.

I abandoned Keurig a few years back. I liked them just fine and loved a hot cup of shut the fuck up within a minute. Didn’t love the cost.

Now it’s just a basic coffee maker. It doesn’t have to be complex to give me what I want here.

I have gotten the urge to get fancy, but never really did. Have a French press that I use on the weekends, and a Mr. Coffee that I use during the week. Have a pitcher to make cold brew, but I haven't done that much this summer because the premade stuff at the store has been pretty cheap, and making cold brew uses almost half a bag of coffee.

There is a pretty popular roaster around here that sells monthly "subscriptions", but I'm not sure I'm down for the extra step of grinding my beans.

I've all but given up on Keurig. The pods and machine are cute and seem easy, but I've never thought the flavor very good. I don't drink tons of coffee, but figure at some point that I'll just re-invest in the old school Mr. Coffee with the paper filters. I'm not sure why people ever went away from a system that was just as fast, cheaper and produced a better finished product.
Keurig tastes like coffee tinted water to me. I use the Nespresso and I love it.

I do love a French press. I prefer strong coffee that i sweeten up. I also got one of those chorreadores when i was in Costa Rica, but it's a lot of work for not a lot of return. Still very pretty though.

81+EZlwbesL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Keurig tastes like coffee tinted water to me. I use the Nespresso and I love it.

I do love a French press. I prefer strong coffee that i sweeten up. I also got one of those chorreadores when i was in Costa Rica, but it's a lot of work for not a lot of return. Still very pretty though.

81+EZlwbesL._AC_SS450_.jpg
My wife became attached to her French press over her at-home pandemic stint. It's about as much work as a Mr. Coffee. We still have a decent number of K-cups, but just pass over them these days. It's weak, as you say. But it's also typically stale.

Any roasters you guys recommend? Lately I've ordered beans from Dark Matter Coffee (not my first time ordering from them, but can't wait to get their cold brew!) and Royal Mile Coffee Roasters. Allegheny Coffee and Tea Exchange is pretty good and rather affordable.

I use a Cuisinart Drip for convenience but like to play with pour overs every now and then.

There is just no way to get all the flavor from a coffee pod in the 10 seconds it takes. My wife is all about the Keurig, and I just don't really care for it, so that means I drink Keurig coffee.

There is just no way to get all the flavor from a coffee pod in the 10 seconds it takes. My wife is all about the Keurig, and I just don't really care for it, so that means I drink Keurig coffee.
Yeah. It’s supposed to be easy, but for some reason the flavor is never better than ~4/10. We’ve had a couple of Keurig machines that were suspiciously almost free in cost, because you find out later it’s about buying the stupid pods.

The wife has largely moved on from coffee at the moment and presently drinks some foul tea. I’ve gotten to the point where I need a cup of coffee in the morning so maybe this is the year I look for a Mr. Coffee at an after Xmas sale.

Yeah. It’s supposed to be easy, but for some reason the flavor is never better than ~4/10. We’ve had a couple of Keurig machines that were suspiciously almost free in cost, because you find out later it’s about buying the stupid pods.

The wife has largely moved on from coffee at the moment and presently drinks some foul tea. I’ve gotten to the point where I need a cup of coffee in the morning so maybe this is the year I look for a Mr. Coffee at an after Xmas sale.
Pro tip: get a Bunn and use good water, bottled if you have to. Will save you on cleaning and money.