Track & Field

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
I've been dragging Baby T2 around to track meets of late and was curious who all on here did track and field? What events?

Dog Tree GIF
Cheetah Running GIF
chasing GIF

Live Dangerously Austin Powers GIF
And I like to chase things, especially fast women!

I almost signed up for cross country when I was a sophomore but I decided to get high instead. And besides, it's my understanding that cross country is Track & Field's retarded cousin, so flippin dorky!

Also it Shan't be denied that I have a very sophisticated British sense of humor!
black and white subtitles GIF
Head Song GIF
Benny Hill Laughing GIF by tylaum

I almost signed up for cross country when I was a sophomore but I decided to get high instead. And besides, it's my understanding that cross country is Track & Field's retarded cousin, so flippin dorky!

Also it Shan't be denied that I have a very sophisticated British sense of humor!
black and white subtitles GIF
Head Song GIF
Benny Hill Laughing GIF by tylaum
My kid does both. She kicks track's ass because she does XC too.

As a parent, I like XC more because all of the kids get to participate regardless of ability and the meets don't last all day. I was on a field yesterday from 9a-7p.

Track & field as a 5th-8th grader and varsity cross country and track & field in high school.

In grade school, as a 5th & 6th grader, I got a bunch of blue ribbons in short distance sprinting events (50m & 100m) and relays (4x100m). I also got blue ribbons in the running long jump and high jump in 6th grade - which was actually pretty impressive because I was always the smallest male competitor in those competitions. As a 7th & 8th grader I became more competitive at longer distances and got a bunch of blue ribbons in the 400m and 4x400m and continued to place high in running long jump, standing long jump and high jump. Full disclaimer: I attended a small private school & competed against other small private schools, but the meets always had at least 10 other schools participate with at least three participants per school per event.

I attended a division 1 public high school. I played football as a freshman and basketball as a sophomore (neither worked out very well for me). As a junior I made the right decision to run instead. I ran primarily 400m, 800m, 1600m and 4x800m events in track. No firsts, but was competitive. No field events in high school. In cross country my best meet I ran in 17:47 and placed 17th overall of a couple hundred.

As an 8th grader, my petite daughter won first place at the running long jump in her conference meet. I had actually volunteered to help manage the jump pits that day and got to witness it first hand. Proud dad moment! She's not interested in athletics, though; she's an artist. I couldn't convince her to participate in track & field in high school. Side note: her school friend took third place (half-inch from taking 2nd). I had volunteered to coach the kids in running long jump technique in prior practices. Proud coach moment, too!

Track & field as a 5th-8th grader and varsity cross country and track & field in high school.

In grade school, as a 5th & 6th grader, I got a bunch of blue ribbons in short distance sprinting events (50m & 100m) and relays (4x100m). I also got blue ribbons in the running long jump and high jump in 6th grade - which was actually pretty impressive because I was always the smallest male competitor in those competitions. As a 7th & 8th grader I became more competitive at longer distances and got a bunch of blue ribbons in the 400m and 4x400m and continued to place high in running long jump, standing long jump and high jump. Full disclaimer: I attended a small private school & competed against other small private schools, but the meets always had at least 10 other schools participate with at least three participants per school per event.

I attended a division 1 public high school. I played football as a freshman and basketball as a sophomore (neither worked out very well for me). As a junior I made the right decision to run instead. I ran primarily 400m, 800m, 1600m and 4x800m events in track. No firsts, but was competitive. No field events in high school. In cross country my best meet I ran in 17:47 and placed 17th overall of a couple hundred.

As an 8th grader, my petite daughter won first place at the running long jump in her conference meet. I had actually volunteered to help manage the jump pits that day and got to witness it first hand. Proud dad moment! She's not interested in athletics, though; she's an artist. I couldn't convince her to participate in track & field in high school. Side note: her school friend took third place (half-inch from taking 2nd). I had volunteered to coach the kids in running long jump technique in prior practices. Proud coach moment, too!
Is your daughter an 8th grader now?

Is your daughter an 8th grader now?
Freshman in college. Honestly, I miss the days my kids were participating in sports in grade school. Neither did sports in high school, although my daughter was involved in theater and was featured in multiple productions.