trailblazers are the worst operating NBA franchise

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
The blazers are done for. Yes, I am not even capitalizing their name because I now disrespect them that much. Unfuckingbelievable. They have one of the best guards in the league for so many years and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to build around him. NOTHING. For years having a guard in his prime, carried the team to a Western Conference Finals and all of his efforts, all of his loyalty, they did NOTHING to build around him. Gave him zero pieces to work with and play with. Year after year they seemingly drafted guards in the draft, even though they had Dame and CJ. More guards after more guards.

Now, after the team is completely inept with Chauncey Billups coaching, they decided to draft yet another guard and in the process, in the years of mismanaging, their star guard Lillard has finally requested a trade. The blazers had years of this mans loyalty and they completely botched his career and time in portland. Now, they decide they are going to build around some 19 year old guard. Oh joy! I can't wait to see how the blazers build around this potential rising star guard, not like they didn't have one for the last 10 years!

I am happy for Lillard to finally get out of that hell hole of a franchise and city. He deserves to go and be on a successful team after a decade of being handed garbage and carrying the load in portland. I hope wherever he goes he wins multiple titles. In the sport's world it is rare to have a star athlete that is so loyal to a small market franchise, but the blazers had Lillard and did absolutely nothing for him.

Congrats on being free Lillard.

It's best for Portland and Lillard to move on. His value is only going to get worse at this point in his career. If you trade him to Brooklyn for Cam Johnson, Claxton and 2 first round picks, that could be a good haul. You have a nice athletic, young core to build around. I'm not sure Miami has the assets that Portland needs but maybe they get a 3rd team involved who values Herro.

It's best for Portland and Lillard to move on. His value is only going to get worse at this point in his career. If you trade him to Brooklyn for Cam Johnson, Claxton and 2 first round picks, that could be a good haul. You have a nice athletic, young core to build around. I'm not sure Miami has the assets that Portland needs but maybe they get a 3rd team involved who values Herro.
It's best for Lillard to move on.

portland did nothing to help Lillard out and he became a legit established super star. What makes anyone think portland will do a better job building around an unproven guard in Scoot Henderson? Unless Scoot is Jordan 2.0, he is going to face the same issues Lillard faced and carried for 10 years.

The blazers are going rebuild and honestly I don't see them becoming even remotely competitive and relevant for 10 years.

portland did nothing to help Lillard out and he became a legit established super star. What makes anyone think portland will do a better job building around an unproven guard in Scoot Henderson? Unless Scoot is Jordan 2.0, he is going to face the same issues Lillard faced and carried for 10 years.

The blazers are going rebuild and honestly I don't see them becoming even remotely competitive and relevant for 10 years.

Portland will never get big name free agents. It's draft, trade, or bust.

Exactly, which they did not do with Lillard as the center piece. They stuck him with some seriously subpar talent.

Most years they weren't getting lottery picks. Other than McCollum they've had limited pieces teams would give much up for.

For a team like Portland, it really comes downs to hitting on your draft picks. Big time players aren't moving to Portland. If they can do a better job with roster construction via the draft/trades, they could build a contender. The time was up for Damian though.

Most years they weren't getting lottery picks. Other than McCollum they've had limited pieces teams would give much up for.
I just think back to how that 1999-2001 teams were constructed. They went out and got maybe some aging veterans, but it worked. They could've tried that when you have a superstar guard like Lillard. Lillard would've been completely capable of carrying a team full of experienced veterans, but instead they stuck him with multiple unexperienced guards, no big men, and just asked him to do all the work.

I just think back to how that 1999-2001 teams were constructed. They went out and got maybe some aging veterans, but it worked. They could've tried that when you have a superstar guard like Lillard. Lillard would've been completely capable of carrying a team full of experienced veterans, but instead they stuck him with multiple unexperienced guards, no big men, and just asked him to do all the work.

Different era of the NBA. You need 2-3 star players to make deep playoff runs, and Portland can't get star players except through the draft, but most years they weren't bad enough to have elite draft picks.

Different era of the NBA. You need 2-3 star players to make deep playoff runs, and Portland can't get star players except through the draft, but most years they weren't bad enough to have elite draft picks.
There was a time where they could've gotten more for CJ and something decent for Nurk. Instead portland decided to stand pat and let Lillard carry those guys and they botched the CJ trade and they let Nurk expose himself that he wasn't very good and therefore he's worthless now. The blazers front office has been mismanaged for so many years, they weren't nearly aggressive enough with trying to build around Lillard.

There was a time where they could've gotten more for CJ and something decent for Nurk. Instead portland decided to stand pat and let Lillard carry those guys and they botched the CJ trade and they let Nurk expose himself that he wasn't very good and therefore he's worthless now. The blazers front office has been mismanaged for so many years, they weren't nearly aggressive enough with trying to build around Lillard.

Their best window would have been with Roy, Aldridge, and Durant (instead of Oden).

Now we are left to believe they are going to do better with this 19 year old guard? Sharpe, Simons and Scoot. Three Fing guards

Their best window would have been with Roy, Aldridge, and Durant (instead of Oden).
This is what I was gonna say. The Oden pick killed them. I always felt like the Blazers were doing the best with what they could, but they aren't a destination for FA's to want to go there.