TV's

Reaction score
fuck...Im looking for a new TV and I'm as lost doing this as @moxie is with fishing...wtf does this shit mean??

1632885737378.png
what the fuck is a tizen?

no clue on these differences

1632885768838.png

fuck...Im looking for a new TV and I'm as lost doing this as @moxie is with fishing...wtf does this shit mean??

View attachment 43654

View attachment 43655
Yeah, I think I narrowed it down to 5 and then the last one I looked at was a tizen and i got fuckered up all over again. I've used all my life lines with cam for the year so you ask him some shit and I'll use it :laugh:

okay then.............
Oh- you should also check what they say on Reviews and Ratings

The latest one i was checking out was the 75" Class Q70A QLED 4K but then I saw "tizen" and freaked out. But I can get a discount through work so I'd pay $1,350 when it's on sale at Best Buy for $1,700.

Or, since I'd planned on spending about $2k anyway, I could get the QN90A for $2,400 (at BB for $3k). I get stuck in that stupid research loop though :mad2:

View attachment 43654

View attachment 43655

"Smart TV platforms" are basically referring to the different operating systems the TV's use for their "smart" features. Think IOS vs Android or MacOS vs Windows. Tizen is the Samsung OS and WebOS is LGs. Android TV and Chromecast are both Google owned and put on multiple manufacturers TVs

I have sets with Android TV, web os, and Chromecast. I, personally, like WebOS's interface a little better, but Android TV has the most apps. Sony is probably the biggest user of Android TV.

I have been using Roku for the last 5 years and have never had a problem. Roku has been awesome.