United changing its seating policy

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,625.00

here is a grand idea that I'm sure no one has ever thought about... how about letting people pick their seats prior to the flight and load the plane from the back to the front.
I have always wondered why they didn’t load the back of the plane first, I bet is saves more than two minutes. If I’m in first class, I would rather load last. I don’t want to be on a plane any longer than I have to.

If I’m in first class, I would rather load last. I don’t want to be on a plane any longer than I have to.

Those first class seats are well more comfortable than the ones in the terminal, and they start bringing you drinks as soon as you sit down.

Too much crazy talk and common sense in this thread.

Does this policy address fatties? I am not seeing it

Those first class seats are well more comfortable than the ones in the terminal, and they start bringing you drinks as soon as you sit down.

you can still do 1st class first and families boarding then the regular folks..

and yes.. if anyone asks. my 9 year old is still 6

you can still do 1st class first and families boarding then the regular folks..

and yes.. if anyone asks. my 9 year old is still 6
I didn't give any thoughts on the overall boarding processes, just refuting the idea that most first class passengers do have a reason to not board last.

I didn't give any thoughts on the overall boarding processes, just refuting the idea that most first class passengers do have a reason to not board last.
To each his own, I would rather be the last one on the plane and the first one off.

I agree on the first one off part, but I don’t want to be the last one on at all.
As long as I have a reserved seat, I will be glad to burn in there sit down and take off.

here is a grand idea that I'm sure no one has ever thought about... how about letting people pick their seats prior to the flight and load the plane from the back to the front.
Makes too much sense.

This news isn't welcome to me, because it will likely drive window seat prices up a bit. For years, one of my go-tos has been to reserve a window seat. Despite being tall, I prefer crowding into the window seat space because I don't have to deal with the aisle politics of getting up a million times a flight to adjust something or allow people to move past me because they drank 6 ginger ales and have irritable bowels. Conversely, I drink very little and get up virtually never.
I have always wondered why they didn’t load the back of the plane first, I bet is saves more than two minutes. If I’m in first class, I would rather load last. I don’t want to be on a plane any longer than I have to.
Because it would be harder to justify charging 30x more for the 1st class tickets, if the peons didn't have to wait, and walk past all the rich socialites who were already getting comfortable with their champagne and sets that recline more than 2 degrees.

I think American already does this. Last few AA flights I had, I was near the back but in a window seat, and I was in one of the early boarding groups. It definitely makes sense; it's annoying being the aisle seat and getting up twice when your rowmates board.

Still makes no sense to board the front sections first, ever.