US Air Force builds new plane, no one knows

It's douche's schtick...guys have asses too, so if you like ass, you're gay.
Calculate Figure It Out GIF

hopefully it goes better than the F-35 project. That was such a clusterfuck. Terrible project management there.
The biggest problem with the F35 program was the DOD mandate that it be all things to all branches of the military. That's been tried before and it has never worked.

I am not saying that the project management didn't have its share of issues, but trying to build a fighter jet that would serve the Air Force's mission purposes as well as be aircraft Carrier capable and close air ground support for the Marines and army was just plain stupid.

Interesting read. My first thought was “didn’t we just roll out the next Gen?” But I’ll be damned....it’s been 20 years.

And the last next gen was garbage. I get the feel they want to move on from those as soon as possible. It seems like it’s a viable motivator if they are this far along. Of course, lots of development cycle still to go.

Nobody knows means its stealth capability is off the charts!

Interesting read. My first thought was “didn’t we just roll out the next Gen?” But I’ll be damned....it’s been 20 years.

And the last next gen was garbage. I get the feel they want to move on from those as soon as possible. It seems like it’s a viable motivator if they are this far along. Of course, lots of development cycle still to go.
Yeah need to make our money back on that crapshow by selling the junk to other countries :dhd:

Yeah need to make our money back on that crapshow by selling the junk to other countries :dhd:
So Trump wins and SA gets a lot of F-35s. Biden wins and Iran gets them. Cool.

Concept art of the new fighter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-125235_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-125235_Google.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201013-125151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-125151_Chrome.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 4
Why don't they just build the Millennium Falcon already.

If it's built by Lockheed, it will be nothing but a shitty money pit.

Wow....I guess we really are done with vertical stabilizers. I know the B-2 has been around a while. But that was always like a one off to me.

If it's built by Lockheed, it will be nothing but a shitty money pit.
One rendering says Boeing on the side.

I’m.....not sure that’s better these days though.