Vinyl

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
so I am not an audiosnob or anything, but I started collecting records after I inherited my dad's small collection.

so I bought a new record player and I have some speakers, but was mainly using the Bluetooth feature on the record player until today.

bought a mini amp for the player, hooked it up to a couple speakers bookshelf and it sounds good. I might switch out the bookshelfs for my tower speakers that are just collecting dust in the basement...

1602517916198.png

Cool. I'm sure they sound great.

What sort of records did you inherit?
Jazz, R & B, Pop, C & W?
he was more of a John Prine, Willie Nelson kind of guy...but there really isn't a whole lot there.

Just got my first turn table for my birthday. Been wanting one for about 10 years but just never pulled the trigger.

Been looking for Tom Petty's Wildflowers but can't seem to find it online so I just ordered The Greatest Hits album. Hoping it can get here before the weekend so I can take it out to the cabin with me this weekend and get weird.

What are some must have albums on vinyl?

I still have my Dual 701 I purchased in 1978. Works like a charm.

Still have all my LPs in those built to spec milk carton crates.

When I want to rock the house I pull out my Direct To Disc Linclon Mayorga "The Missing Linc Vol II".

Peace Train kicks ass. The band is in your living room.

Just got my first turn table for my birthday. Been wanting one for about 10 years but just never pulled the trigger.

Been looking for Tom Petty's Wildflowers but can't seem to find it online so I just ordered The Greatest Hits album. Hoping it can get here before the weekend so I can take it out to the cabin with me this weekend and get weird.

What are some must have albums on vinyl?
I remember looking for that at some point. It hasn’t been rereleased on vinyl, and was released in the 90s when vinyl was pretty much dead, so it’s gonna be extremely rare if you can find one.

My vinyl habits are pretty much see what I can get at thrift store prices if anything looks good. And drop in record stores sometimes and just see if I can find what I’m into at the moment or if I can get my favorite albums (original or rereleased, I don’t care, I’m not really a collector), record store days are fun if you can go to those. Sometimes they have some cool shit. Always lusted after ritual de lo habitual and it was pretty rare, but they did a rerelease recently and scored it at a record store day.

Have fun with it!

Last edited:
I remember looking for that at some point. It hasn’t been rereleased on vinyl, and was released in the 90s when vinyl was pretty much dead, so it’s gonna be extremely rare if you can find one.

There's "Wildflowers and All the Rest" available on vinyl but it's 9 albums and $250

Dude! Looks like they did do a rerelease. Target has it….

Yeah, that's the thing I was talking about earlier. I'm looking for the original Wildflowers album. That there has like 25 tracks on it.

Yeah, that's the thing I was talking about earlier. I'm looking for the original Wildflowers album. That there has like 25 tracks on it.
Ah. Yeah, that one will be tough.

My vinyl habits are pretty much see what I can get at thrift store prices if anything looks good. And drop in record stores sometimes and just see if I can find what I’m into at the moment or if I can get my favorite albums (original or rereleased, I don’t care, I’m not really a collector), record store days are fun if you can go to those. Sometimes they have some cool shit. Always lusted after ritual de lo habitual and it was pretty rare, but they did a rerelease recently and scored it at a record store day.

Have fun with it!

When I was at university we'd head down on the bus to A&B sound every Friday for their $3.99 sales.

We found a lot or new warped albums that had to be returned. And the pops in the records. If they were bad enough we'd return those too. Funny about pops too, it's how I expect the song to sound when I hear it today on a CD or the radio. Your body is used to that pop at that exact point in the song.

One of my friends got busted for swapping price tags. He'd peel the sale sticker off one and put it on another. The store dick (who happened to be a 55 year old lady) nailed him.

We also found that imports were the way to go if available. EMI British or French imports sounded better by a fair bit but cost twice as much.

And every now and then we'd run down to Bellingham, Washington for an LP run. We'd have to make sure our combustibles were gone before the 49th so the drive home wasn't as much fun. But the US LPs sound better, we thought anyway, that their Canuck cousins.

Have you ever bought anything through there? I’ve always been afraid to try it.
hahaha..it definitely looks a bit shady.

I have only bought a couple, but stayed with American locations. Fuck that British funny money. lol

so I am not an audiosnob or anything, but I started collecting records after I inherited my dad's small collection.

so I bought a new record player and I have some speakers, but was mainly using the Bluetooth feature on the record player until today.

bought a mini amp for the player, hooked it up to a couple speakers bookshelf and it sounds good. I might switch out the bookshelfs for my tower speakers that are just collecting dust in the basement...

View attachment 6612
Do yourself a favor and digitize the records, store them properly and listen to the digital version. Your records/albums will be worth a fortune. If you can't tell, I am not a vinyl fan, but I do know that vinyl is worth much more than digital. Also, be an audiosnob (or autophile). @Yoga≈Surfing is and we are all better for it!!!

Do yourself a favor and digitize the records, store them properly and listen to the digital version. Your records/albums will be worth a fortune. If you can't tell, I am not a vinyl fan, but I do know that vinyl is worth much more than digital. Also, be an audiosnob (or autophile). @Yoga≈Surfing is and we are all better for it!!!
Who would bother digitizing their vinyl records? It’s 2021 dude. “Listen to the digital version” is by far the worst take you can bring to a thread about vinyl…

I have an analog receiver/amp that I have in storage. When I had it hooked up to my monster KLH’s it was something to behold.

Now I use a digital receiver/amp with the same speakers. I run the Technics SL-1200 MK2s through a Numark mixer to the poor little thing lol it gets HOT!!

mph, yeah...vinyl.., I have around 600 or so. Everything from Bob Wills to Daft Punk.

I'm sitting here looking at about 50 LP's in a rack, that my wife has.
Mostly crap from the 70's.