What books do you most want to see as a movie/series?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 2,500.00
The Chronicles of Amber - I could see most any channel picking this up and being able to make a decent run of it.

The Wheel of Time - In production last I heard. Cant wait.

Every book by Cormac McCarthy that hasn't been made into a movie yet.

There are a lot of like to see get made. A lot of fantasy books I love are getting considered, so I'm pretty excited

But I'd like them to do Enders Game again and not fuck it up.

Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy

All the Jack Reacher novels only this time with an actor playing Jack Reacher that is 6'5" instead of 5'8"

Feel like this should be in the Books forum

It would really depend on how the want to do it.

If they want to encapsulate a good book into one episode, I'm out.

If they want to drag it out ad nauseum and unsatisfactorily like GOT, I'm out.

Last edited:

All the Jack Reacher novels only this time with an actor playing Jack Reacher that is 6'5" instead of 5'8"

Red Storm was the first Clancy book I read.

I don't know how it would play today but when I read it I was riveted. All that technology. It was pretty cool.

I want to see Battlefield Earth done properly... the 2000 John Travolta film was an embarrassment. To be done correctly, Battlefield Earth would need to be made into at least two films, just like the upcoming Dune two film project.

I want to see Battlefield Earth done properly... the 2000 John Travolta film was an embarrassment. To be done correctly, Battlefield Earth would need to be made into at least two films, just like the upcoming Dune two film project.
Fuck L Ron Hubbard.

The Wheel of Time - In production last I heard. Cant wait.
^^^THIS^^^

Also, Sharon Kay Penman’s Plantagenet series would be great if the did each book as an entire season. None of that trying to cram an entire novel into a single movie and having to cut out half of it.

Last edited:
Philip K. Dick

Ubik
VALIS
Eye in the Sky
The Electric Ant
Martian Time-Slip
I Hope I Shall Arrive Tomorrow

I Am Legend

Except done right finally.

Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose.

Same dude that put together Band of Brothers. UC is the Lewis n Clark Expedition.

Feel like I've been waiting a decade for Devil in the White City. Guess that's gonna be a series, eventually.

I'm pumped about "The Stand" becoming a mini series. With todays tech, i'm looking for a damn good series.

I liked "The Outpost" written by Jake Tapper but the movie that recently came out wasn't that good imho.

I always find it interesting that the books I never thought of making into a movie or tv show end up being some of my favorites.

The Witcher, for instance.

Of all the Clancy novels I think Without Remorse should be made into a movie. John Clark’s backstory is very interesting.

Cardinal of the Kremlin would have been good too but it’s dated.

Of all the Clancy novels I think Without Remorse should be made into a movie. John Clark’s backstory is very interesting.

Cardinal of the Kremlin would have been good too but it’s dated.
eh there are too many of those kinds of books out there, I don't think every single one should be made into a tv show or a movie.

I feel like every author has their go to character series these days

eh there are too many of those kinds of books out there, I don't think every single one should be made into a tv show or a movie.

I feel like every author has their go to character series these days
I think Jack Ryan has been done to death. Clark is a far more interesting character. Also he’s portrayed a lot less dark in the films he’s been in than in the books. For example in Sum Of All Fears he has no qualms about torturing a terrorist to acquire information. And the way he dispatches his enemies in Without Remorse is pretty graphic at times.