What golf courses have you played?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 515.00
Playing Morro Bay Golf Course today. We call it poor man’s Pebble Beach. Absolutely beautiful place to hit 100 or so golf shots.

Morro Bay GC is a beautiful golf course

Best course I've played is Muirfield Village in Dublin, Ohio

Reactions: Me
Fancy ones are

Dalhousie in Cape Girardeau, Mo
The Whitmoor in St. Charles Mo
Kiva Dunes in Gulf Shores Alabama
Played pretty much all the courses around Gulf Shores but none of them have a rep like Kiva Dunes.
Country Club of Paducah, Paducah, KY.

Nobody's probably heard of these but they're fairly exclusive.

Morro Bay GC is a beautiful golf course

Best course I've played is Muirfield Village in Dublin, Ohio
Lucky. I haven't been to too many nice ones, unfortunately. My brother's father in law might show us around some nice Raleigh courses, though.

Eagle Creek Resort — central IL grew up playing this, one of the toughest back 9s I’ve ever played.

Kiawah Island Ocean Course — THE most difficult course I’ve ever played especially when the wind is kicking.

Bay Hill - Orlando
Lake Nona GC — Orlando
Ocean Hammock — palm coast FL
Timberton GC — Hattiesburg, MS
Lochinvar GC — all men’s club in Houston
TPC Woodlands — Houston
TPC Craig Ranch — north Dallas former member
Colonial CC — Ft Worth TX
Greyhawk — Scottsdale AZ
Sun ridge Canyon — Scottsdale
Bellerive CC — St. Louis
Dalhousie — Cape Girardeau
St. Louis CC
Old Warson — St. Louis
Persimmon Woods — st Charles MO
Oak Tree National — Edmond OK

Could keep going but these are all pretty sweet

Last edited:
In BC:
Sparwood Golf Course

In Victoria:

Uplands golf Course
??????? golf Course
Juan De Fuca Golf Course
Mount Doug golf course.
Olympic View golf course.

Not a huge golfer. Straight line golfer but for 80-90 yards.

Not a long list but in vegas, i have played most of the most exclusive courses, and stunk it up all over everyone of them.

I've played quite a few courses throughout BC, but few worth really mentioning. I guess Morning Star in Parksville was technically the best in that it was a host course for qualifying for the Canadian Tour.

Played a bunch of NH courses, the nicest ones being Manchester CC in Bedford, Owl's Nest in Campton and Eastman Golf Links in Grantham. Eastman and MCC are both private so you wouldn't be able to play unless you know a member, but Owl's Nest is open to the public and one of the most scenic courses in NH. Spectacular views of the White Mountains up there.

I have played the Lake course at Carolina Trace in Sanford, NC 10 times and the Creek course at the same Country club twice. Both courses were designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. who used the hilly terrain to set up a couple of courses that have lots of elevated (almost blind) greens with false fronts. The Lake is long and tough, the Creek is shorter, but brutal.

I was planning on going to FLA in a month to hang out with my son and play at the PGA National Resort. My boy is a member there so I will wait til the scamdemic has subsided and go down this winter instead.

Played all of the "premium" courses in the Lake Geneva area plus Erin Hills. Still have Whistling Straits on my bucket list.

Only big time course is Pebble Beach back in the mid 70s. Played the Briar Patch and the Brute back when Playboy owned the club. Also played Sentry World. I don't even know if the courses have the same names.

Was all set to play Augusta last week in March right before the Masters this year then Covid hit. Talk about getting blue balled.

My top courses I’ve played:

Muirfield Village
TPC Sawgrass
Pinehurst #2
Oak Hill
The Golf Club
Old Marsh (Dye course in West Palm)
Kiawah Island (Ocean Course)
Country Club of the South
Scioto CC
Moraine CC
Kapalua
Gold Mountain
Silverado CC
Double Eagle
Kingsmill
TPC Potomac
OSU Scarlet
Dormie GC
Pine Needles

Need to play this course
Payne's Valley

Played some fancy ones without huge name recognition including Cathedral Lodge in Australia (most exclusive club in the country), Sutton Bay (top in South Dakota), Prairie Club in Nebraska, Greg Norman course north of Cancun, Fancourt and Royal Cape in Cape Town.

Played just about every course in vegas.

Big Canoe in North GA when I was maybe 10
Woodmont in Macedonia, GA when I was 16. I have a lifetime ban from there.
Some course in Mexico Beach, FL when I was 18

Golf just isn’t a game for me. To me, playing is even more boring than watching

Two of my favorites, Pelican Hill (Newport, CA) & The Ritz (Orlando), Not sure how I would rank them though. Maybe third is the Dye Course in Bridgeport, WV.