What Is Belichick's Beef With The Jets?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
I'm still looking for an answer.

I'm still looking for an answer.
Dave Chapelle GIF by moodman

Didn't he get hired, announced as the hire, and then quit before ever coaching them? Must be something that happened then.
This is pretty accurate. More specifically, BB was an assistant coach under Bill Parcells with the Jets, with an agreement/clause in his contract that he would be made the Jets head coach the moment Parcells resigned. Belichik liked the Jets owner at the time, Leon Hess, but Hess died and the team was about to be sold. That's when Parcells quit, triggering Belichik's hire, because he (Parcells) didn't want to coach for a new owner but he was going to remain the GM. BB resented being "trapped" and also wanted player personnel decisions to be his, not Tuna's.

Because BB quit and then signed with NE, the Pats had to give up a couple of draft picks to the Jets. BB has been bitter about it all these years, despite all the winning he's done with Brady and NE.

This is pretty accurate. More specifically, BB was an assistant coach under Bill Parcells with the Jets, with an agreement/clause in his contract that he would be made the Jets head coach the moment Parcells resigned. Belichik liked the Jets owner at the time, Leon Hess, but Hess died and the team was about to be sold. That's when Parcells quit, triggering Belichik's hire, because he (Parcells) didn't want to coach for a new owner but he was going to remain the GM. BB resented being "trapped" and also wanted player personnel decisions to be his, not Tuna's.

Because BB quit and then signed with NE, the Pats had to give up a couple of draft picks to the Jets. BB has been bitter about it all these years, despite all the winning he's done with Brady and NE.
I think I read that had the Pats not asked a couple of days sooner for permission to interview BB, they wouldn't have been penalized for tampering.

Cuz they hired him once, then he was gone literally the next day?
Cuz they’ve been bunkmates for over two decades now?
Cuz the spygate stuff started with accusations from a Jets coach?
Cuz false advertising?

Plus the Jets kinda started the Pats dynasty when they knocked out Bledsoe. Everyone hates the Jets for that.

Now the tea is spilling.

I knew from that 30 for 30 that he was going to be hired by the Jets and then he resigned but I never knew why he resigned. Thanks for the info buddy.

RB Matt Snell probably should’ve been the SBIII MVP over Namath.

30 rush atts, 121 rush yds, 34 tot off touches, 161 tot off yds. Scored NYJ’s only TD.

I’ve only seen the SBIII highlights, tho. Never seen the whole game.

Random bump but w/e.