What was your favorite car you owned?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
vehicle_ad_standard_image_a6b59dc63ce45db63aae992bbba8a118.jpg

Number 1 ... mostly cuz I had it before marriage and so just two of us and a couple Dobermans

hqdefault.jpg

Married and 1 kid:

Couldn’t think of a better American car going down the Pacific Coast Highway ... in 2002

I've liked every vehicle I've ever had other than an 89 F-150 that I sunk more money in than it was worth to try to get it to run right before finally just giving it to my brother.

Favorite, probably the 94 Jeep Cherokee that I bought when I was 16 and drove until I was 24. Damn thing is indestructible. Treated like shit for 8 years, sold it to my buddy 5 years ago, and he still drives it to work every day. Has well over 400,000 miles on it. That 4.0 straight 6 is my pick for the best gas engine ever designed.

Other vehicles I've had:

87 Dodge Ram, 4 speed, 440 big block, just wasn't practical for a broke teenager
89 Toyota Pickup, 5 speed, loved that truck, it was just so slow, wish I still had it though
2016 F-150, bought it new, my current daily driver, no complaints
84 F-250, 460 big block 4 speed, I have a short commute, so I drive it every now and then, love the truck,, but 7 MPGs on a good day

Last edited:
It probably had that little tiny 4-cylinder that sipped gas, especially with the manual transmission.
22r 4 cylinder. It was slow, it was weak, but I think it could climb a telephone pole, it could go anywhere. Air conditioner worked great too. After I bought my current daily driver, I sold it to a friend who was in a bad spot at a bargain to help him out. Someone ran a red light and totaled it.

I never calculated the actual mileage, but I could go a long time between fillups. You definitely didn't pull out in front of anyone though.

My favorite car I ever owned is probably a 1989 Ford Probe. I've owned a lot of nicer cars since, but I did some wild shit in that car.

Last edited:
22r 4 cylinder. It was slow, it was weak, but I think it could climb a telephone pole, it could go anywhere. Air conditioner worked great too. After I bought my current daily driver, I sold it to a friend who was in a bad spot at a bargain to help him out. Someone ran a red light and totaled it.

I never calculated the actual mileage, but I could go a long time between fillups. You definitely didn't pull out in front of anyone though.
I remember those. My Dad's friend had one and I drove it on jobs sometimes. First gear was geared so low it basically got the wheels turning before it was wound out and you had to go into second, but you could pull a house of it's foundations with it.

I had an 87 Dakota, 4-speed with OD. Very similar engine, in that it sipped gas but had almost no power, especially in the higher gears.

But I loved it.

‘29 Ford A pickup ... High School ... took half the team on it to go get the Monday newspaper ... thing was draggin’ ... literally
‘73 Ford F100 ...3 on the tree (loved it) ... cap (loved in it)
‘84 Toyota SR5 extended cab 4x4 ... defective head gasket ... pos

most fun to drive

USB40AUC021A0801.jpg

225 HP go cart. quattro is THE best AWD on earth, and the fukin handling this thing had. unreal.

what i got now (and will upgrade to newer make/model in 2 years when this is paid off)

infiniti-announces-pricing-on-2008-g35-sedan-inline-photo-473154-s-original.jpg

infiniti makes a freakin tank. mines chipped to 350hp.

I bought a black 2017 Dodge Caravan SRT about a month and a half ago.

I actually like having a minivan. Looks kinda like this one:

1598641248042.png

My first truck was a 68 Chevy C10 with 327 mated to the powerglide 2 speed. Over the years I added a tunnel ram with a dual feed 850 cfm holley 4 barrel and a competition cam. Was a great truck and I kept it for 15 years....sadly I sold it and regretted doing so ever since.

most fun to drive

USB40AUC021A0801.jpg

225 HP go cart. quattro is THE best AWD on earth, and the fukin handling this thing had. unreal.

what i got now (and will upgrade to newer make/model in 2 years when this is paid off)

infiniti-announces-pricing-on-2008-g35-sedan-inline-photo-473154-s-original.jpg

infiniti makes a freakin tank. mines chipped to 350hp.
Still got my ‘13
only 54k ... very nice

My Mustang was fun to drive.....I've had a lot of hotrods, still have a few as a matter of fact. But they are not fun to drive. Not for any long distance anyway. They are loud, hard to drive and get hot....no seriously, they look great and are fun to make a rip through town...but that's about it.

Now the Mustang....as for weight to motor hp ratio...they have the perfect balance and are a joy to drive.

Attachments

• 19669_1205419416813_5565499_n.jpg
    19669_1205419416813_5565499_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2
My first truck was a 68 Chevy C10 with 327 mated to the powerglide 2 speed. Over the years I added a tunnel ram with a dual feed 850 cfm holley 4 barrel and a competition cam. Was a great truck and I kept it for 15 years....sadly I sold it and regretted doing so ever since.
This was the '72 C10 350 bored and balanced .20 over. For the life of me I can't remember what exhaust I had but it rumbled so nice. Sold it at the worst possible time in SoCal and only got 10 even for it. :cry: The good news is I gotBenjamins for it plus the buyer was a retired 'Nam vet who had just lost his wife and was doing something nice for himself. We kept in touch for quite a while afterward.