What's the most you ever loaded onto a truck?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 42,165.00
I'm hanging out with rednecks these days and they're all getting their deer plots ready, so we went to pick up some rye, oats and fertilizer today and I watched a 2020 Dodge Ram 2500's bed be loaded with 4,950 pounds of cargo at the local feed store. The bed capacity is 4,000 pounds. I dont know if he was able to stop it once going, but it took off like a champ. So, what's the most you ever loaded in your truck?

(The most I've ever seen loaded onto a standard semi truck was 56,000 pounds, which put it about 10-12,000 pounds over the legal limit for GVW on a standard double axle dry van & tractor. It was at the state line between Vermont and New Hampshire and the driver of it blew past a DOT checkpoint I was stopped at before being ran down by a state trooper. He was hauling scrap.)images (1).jpeg

The last F150 I had, I put 2300 lbs in it once.
I know because I paid for the gravel by the pound and the scales told me.
It didn't like it
It was almost bottomed out.

But it drove ok for the 25 miles I had to go.
Talk about increased following distance.........

My new truck is an F250 and is rated at 4000 lbs.
Not sure I'm ever going to challenge that now though.

I didn’t go across any scales, but I’ve had the rear of a pickup squared so much that steering was sketchy.

On a trailer, I’ve hauled a 7 ton drill and a 6.5 yard trackhoe bucket on an old piece of shit 25 foot gooseneck where the trailer brakes didn’t work half the time. That was more than an F-350 needed to be pulling. Pulling was fine, stopping was sketchy, especially when retards in Atlanta don’t understand the concept of leaving a gap for stopping distance.

Put a pallet of portland cement in the bed of an F150 once. We warned him over and over that he is going to destroy the springs, shocks, and maybe the axle but he was "in a hurry, so just load it in there". The pallet wouldn't fit between the wheel wells so me and two guys loaded all 40 bags by hand. Was right at 3600 pounds in a stock F150. That thing was sitting on the bump stops as he pulled away and we never saw him again. I assume somewhere along the way the rear end just blew out.

A Detroit 8V92 engine and Allison HT 740 for a side job I was doing. Thought the front wheels were going to come off the ground. Engine was like 3200 and Trans was 800 or so

Back in aught 5 I had an 03 Ram 2500 and was building some small spec houses (modulars) up in Plymouth and Campton with a friend/partner. I went to the lumberyard here in town to pick up the pressure treated 2"x8" framing and the railing materials for a 14'x20' deck in the back and a 6'x12' porch in the front. Went home and tossed some big tools, compressor, nail guns, nails, miter box, portable table saw and 4 boxes of fasteners on top of the pile. I strapped it down and hit the road. The truck was driving like a Cadillac with all that weight in there and the 1 hour drive to Exit 24 was nice. I got off the highway in New Hampton and hit their lumberyard and proceeded to put all the 5/4x6" PT decking boards I need for both decks up on my track rac. By the time I was done the cross members of the Track Rac had a serious dip in them and my truck looked like it popping a wheelie, but I strapped everything down and got back on the road for the last 15 minutes of my commute.

Holy shit, my Dodge was handling like the Queen Mary! It seemed as if the front wheels weren't touching the ground and I made sure to take it easy going up I-93 to Campton. When I got to the jobsite I measured from the ground to the rear wheel well and after we finished unloading I measured again. I had that truck squatting 10". I don't know exactly how much weight was on that thing, but I do know that a pallet with 25 80lb bags of concrete only made it (or my newer Dodge) squat about 4-5 inches because I've done that several times.