Where do you guys buy auto parts online?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 67,441.00
I see a bunch of sites, but just curios if you guys have had good, or bad experiences with online parts purchases.

I've used AutoZone a bunch of times and never had an issue.

If online, Rockauto.

In person... I call and whoever has the part I need.

Rockauto. Their jingle doesn't lie. They really do have "all the parts your car will ever need". They also give you multiple price options though I'd avoid buying the cheapest parts in most circumstances.

Once you find the part you want, copy and paste the part number into google to see if you can find a better price elsewhere. Most of the time Rockauto will have the best deal, but occasionally you'll find a cheaper place

Tirerack.com for tires... & wheels I guess, never bought wheels from thar.

I’ve used Tirerack to negotiate Discount Tire down. It works. Taking them the tires from Tirerack they will try to tell you they won’t do the certificates on them.

I have newer cars these days so I only buy oil and filters online. I find the filter model on Advance or O’Reily websites and then order them and the oil on Amazon.

Could be a way worth looking into got parts too.

Rock auto is the only place y'all would care about. I have a few mustang specific places as well, but for my daily drivers I use rock auto. I can get OEM stuff for cheaper than the dealership and it's not Chinese knock off like you'll get at parts stores.

I see a bunch of sites, but just curios if you guys have had good, or bad experiences with online parts purchases.

When I built my street truck I got everything online....even the tires and rims (they came mounted, balanced and aired up to proper air pressure even!)

I had good and bad experience at both online and in person. The problem with online is that it takes patience to deal with them if something is wrong, whereas a local parts store is easily reached during normal working hours.

The good thing about online is the price. But the places I used were mostly for that particular kind of project...a lowrider street truck.

So if you are just looking for an online "Napa Auto Parts"....then I suggest to just use their online services.

Rock auto is the only place y'all would care about. I have a few mustang specific places as well, but for my daily drivers I use rock auto. I can get OEM stuff for cheaper than the dealership and it's not Chinese knock off like you'll get at parts stores.
I had a few Mustang places I used too for my GT350.