Wonder how long before Oliver Marmol gets fired?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 72,500.00
There's no excuse for how bad the Cardinals are at the moment.

There's no excuse for how bad the Cardinals are at the moment.
Their starting pitching sucks this year. Matz is awful, Mikolas and Woodford stink too. Wainwright comes back this week, but I'm not sure what a manager can do when none of the starters average 6 IP.

10-20 is bad, but there's 132 games left and they play in a weak division... they can still turn it around. Arenado isn't going to hit for a 65 OPS+. And as Guy Incognito said, they came into the season with a rather suspect rotation. And even with Wainwright coming back, I'm not sure how much you can really rely on a 41-year-old starting pitcher.

he's currently throwing Wilson Contreras under the bus, getting into the driver's seat, running him over and then putting that bad boy in reverse and doing it again.

he's currently throwing Wilson Contreras under the bus, getting into the driver's seat, running him over and then putting that bad boy in reverse and doing it again.

they're handling the Contreras situation very poorly. The Cards seem to be pretty old school with having a "true catcher", something Contreras has never really been that (only two seasons with 110+ games behind the plate), between IL stints and playing DH/OF/1B. Cardinals should have considered that when signing him, and moving him from behind the plate when they already have an outfield logjam is stupid. Maybe Contreras is doing a poor job handling the pitching staff, maybe their pitchers just aren't very good and they're expecting the likes of Flaherty/Mikolas to repeat good years that are looking more and more like one year flukes (and their good years came in 2018-19)

Their other catcher? Knizner is a 28-year-old with a career 62 OPS+.

Should’ve never got rid of Stildt.

Cards have had one sub .500 season in a century?! Is that correct? If so they are due for this suffering...fuck em

If what is being said is true, that Yadier Molina carried that pitching staff to the point that any other catcher can’t work with them, I take back every bad thing I ever said about Molina as a player(the neck tat is still pure trash). Dude should have been MVP every year.

Cards have had one sub .500 season in a century?! Is that correct? If so they are due for this suffering...fuck em

One since 2000... 78-84 in 2007 (and they still only finished 7 back, they were in the division race until mid-September when they lost 12 of 13). 2008 was the only time they've finished worse than 3rd and they were 4th at 86-76.

If what is being said is true, that Yadier Molina carried that pitching staff to the point that any other catcher can’t work with them, I take back every bad thing I ever said about Molina as a player(the neck tat is still pure trash). Dude should have been MVP every year.

I mean, if there is no other catcher in the world who will/can do what he did with pitchers then I don't even want to think about what that might mean/encompass :noidea: