College Football Report's Top 25 CFB Head Coaches

but he clearly doesn't want those jobs that have much more pressure.. and that's ok.. Gary Patterson, Frank Beamer are beloved for sticking with the school they had much success at

ADs gave up on Kirk in 2005, when he made it clear he liked Iowa, and he was considered short tenure at the time.

Are Kirby and Dabo the only two remaining FBS coaches who have won an FBS National Championship?

Maybe at the same program, but Gus Malzahn and Mack Brown also won in FBS.

List is gonna look pretty funny when Alabama is about 7-5 this year :laugh:

Interesting that they have Ferentz right above Heupel.
I mean, I don’t have anything against Iowa or Ferentz but.. I guess head to head don’t mean much on this list

Let's look at Oklahoma. OU doesn't have a Top 25 coach and may have a 7-5 season this year because they lost Dillon Gabriel to the transfer portal? The same team and coach that would have had a good chance of enjoying a 9-2 season with him. A team that is going to have a very talented rookie 5* at QB who will undoubtedly have some great games and some not so great games. And a team that will have a completely new O line and who knows what on D but oodles of talent that hasn't played together yet. Brent Venables is recruiting like a mofo but OU doesn't have a top 25 head football coach. I can't argue that the list should have Venables on it but it's going to be interesting what a list like this will look like after the 2025 season when OU is expected to have a breakout year and be back to where they used to be. The football Gods giveth and they taketh away. Patience grasshopper.

I mean, I don’t have anything against Iowa or Ferentz but.. I guess head to head don’t mean much on this list.

I agree. If Tennessee beat Iowa in controversial fashion or game was really close, they can use Ferentz longevity with a lot of success as a reason, but Tennessee absolutely dominated Iowa. They made Iowa's defense look terrible by playing the way the defense usually does good against.

Maybe at the same program, but Gus Malzahn and Mack Brown also won in FB

Oh, they count! :)
On second thought, Guz doesn't count, because he was not the HC when Auburn won the 2010-1 BCS Championship. That was Mr. Chizik. :) So, we are down to three current FBS HCs with an FBS National Championship: Kirby, Dabo and Mack.