EA Sports College Football 25

20240510_112016.jpg

Appears PlayStation leaked one of the covers. Pretty sweet.

So good.

Everything is coming up Milhouse

20240510_115658.png

This version is much better.

Word on the street is the price tag on this game is $150 :twitch:

Word on the street is the price tag on this game is $150 :twitch:
There are different editions and the base is like $69 and the Heisman edition is the $150.

Gonna play Western Kentucky in mascot mode.

1715627935613.jpeg

There are different editions and the base is like $69 and the Heisman edition is the $150.
Thats rediculous. What features will separate them?

Thats rediculous. What features will separate them?
I think it has to do with customization and setting up playoffs or some crap. You’ll have to Google it as I’m not a gamer.

I think it has to do with customization and setting up playoffs or some crap. You’ll have to Google it as I’m not a gamer.

I hope that's not it. Locking core gameplay features behind a big pay wall will not go over well, but I certainly wouldn't put it past EA.

I hope that's not it. Locking core gameplay features behind a big pay wall will not go over well, but I certainly wouldn't put it past EA.
From what I saw that is exactly what they are doing. Guess they have to pay all those players somehow.

From what I saw that is exactly what they are doing. Guess they have to pay all those players somehow.
:facepalm: That game publishing model is one of the key contributors to the decline of the video game industry.

Personally, I don't by any games on launch anymore because of the paywalls, game bugs and recycled crap with a new skin (especially sports and fighting games). If I want a new game (which is rare these days), I'll wait a few months until the biggest bugs are cleaned up through game patches, the paywalls are broken down through player pushback and the game goes on sale. There are only two games on my radar I'd consider buying at launch: GTA 6 and Elder Scrolls 6 (and Elder Scrolls 6 might even not happen at all if they don't release it for Playstation - despite Elder Scrolls 4 & 5 being two of my favorite games of all time).

:facepalm: That game publishing model is one of the key contributors to the decline of the video game industry.

Personally, I don't by any games on launch anymore because of the paywalls, game bugs and recycled crap with a new skin (especially sports and fighting games). If I want a new game (which is rare these days), I'll wait a few months until the biggest bugs are cleaned up through game patches, the paywalls are broken down through player pushback and the game goes on sale. There are only two games on my radar I'd consider buying at launch: GTA 6 and Elder Scrolls 6 (and Elder Scrolls 6 might even not happen at all if they don't release it for Playstation - despite Elder Scrolls 4 & 5 being two of my favorite games of all time).
They aren't going to get a dime of my money the last video game I bought was the original Bill Walsh college football. I only bought that so I could play Bo Jackson.

You can bet your ass that EA is going to pull a bunch of pay wall shit with this game. They know people have been waiting a decade for a new college football game, they will milk the hell out of it.

You can bet your ass that EA is going to pull a bunch of pay wall shit with this game. They know people have been waiting a decade for a new college football game, they will milk the hell out of it.
I expect EA will include some sort of "Ultimate Team" mode like they do with their other sports franchise games. That's an optional microtransaction mode designed to targets primarily online players to beef up their rosters for competition. If that $150 "Heisman Edition" primarily targets those "Ultimate Team" players and maybe adds some silly retro tin lunch box and a mini Heisman Trophy with a "EA 25" inscription, that'd get a "whatever" from me.

If they do stuff like lock conferences, game modes, core game features and customizations behind paywalls there's gonna be some heavy backlash. I don't think the game will outright tank, but the longer-term sales will be substantially affected.

I expect EA will include some sort of "Ultimate Team" mode like they do with their other sports franchise games. That's an optional microtransaction mode designed to targets primarily online players to beef up their rosters for competition. If that $150 "Heisman Edition" primarily targets those "Ultimate Team" players and maybe adds some silly retro tin lunch box and a mini Heisman Trophy with a "EA 25" inscription, that'd get a "whatever" from me.

If they do stuff like lock conferences, game modes, core game features and customizations behind paywalls there's gonna be some heavy backlash. I don't think the game will outright tank, but the longer-term sales will be substantially affected.

All of the microtransaction crap has really turned me off of gaming period in the last like 10-15 years.

I find it to be very predatory, I basically equate it to gambling addiction, it prays on those types of people and is very successful, of course these gaming companies recognized that and just ramped it up even more.

especially since you could just go back to the last couple generations of games and do realignment and cfp stuff anyway. as far as i remember.