Mid Major Thread

Drake is freaking good

Up 63-29 on a good SIU team.

Theres a reasonable chance the Valley gets 2 maybe even 3 teams in this year imo
They deservedly should. Watching Loyola against IL State recently, the CBS Sports announcer (forget whom), said Valley teams are finding it pretty damn hard to find non-conference games against bigger schools. Many don't want to play Valley teams. Frustrating. This may be Loyola's most talented team, with the deepest bench, since the Final 4 team.

They deservedly should. Watching Loyola against IL State recently, the CBS Sports announcer (forget whom), said Valley teams are finding it pretty damn hard to find non-conference games against bigger schools. Many don't want to play Valley teams. Frustrating. This may be Loyola's most talented team, with the deepest bench, since the Final 4 team.
Imo Loyola and Drake are both capable of winning multiple games in the tourney

I'm pretty sure Loyola is at Drake for 2 next weekend too

Mid Majors (Non P6) in KemPom's Top 50 as of 1/10:

Gonzaga (1st nationally)
Houston (11th nationally)
Saint Louis (30th nationally)
San Diego State (36th nationally)
Loyola Chicago (45th nationally)

Loyola needs to take these two games against Indians State. No Valley games are easy.

Ramblers dominated Northern Iowa on ESPN today. That's the kind of exposure the Ramblers have to take adavntage of. Destroyed Northern Iowa yesterday on ESPN 2.

Getting to that point where we start thinking about middies who could get at larges. Ruling out Gonzaga and Houston from the process who do you think has a shot? A10 seems to have a few. American could still get 2. MVC may get 2. Could Toledo get an at large? MWC should get 2 but which 2? BYU would be in now . Could Winthrop get an at large ?

Getting to that point where we start thinking about middies who could get at larges. Ruling out Gonzaga and Houston from the process who do you think has a shot? A10 seems to have a few. American could still get 2. MVC may get 2. Could Toledo get an at large? MWC should get 2 but which 2? BYU would be in now . Could Winthrop get an at large ?

I'd rule out Toledo. I think there's a realistic scenario the MTN West gets at least 3. I don't think all of Boise State, Utah State, San Diego State and Colorado State get in, but 3/4 of them have a great shot, especially if Boise gets taken out in the MTN West tournament. I think the AAC is a 1 bid league if Houston wins the league tournament. A-10 appears to have about 5 teams in the mix, so my guess is that 2/3 will end up making it.

BYU took a pretty bad loss to Pepperdine tonight. They're probably still in at the moment but the room for error is definitely shrinking.

BYU, Colorado State and Utah State all get wins tonight.

Ramblers nationally ranked in top 25!

Top 20 Mid Majors (Non P6) in the Ken Pom ratings through 2/8:

1. Gonzaga (1st nationally)
2. Houston (6th nationally)
3. Loyola Chicago (15th nationally)
4. San Diego State (21st nationally)
5. BYU (33rd nationally)
6. Saint Louis (47th nationally)
7. Utah State (48th nationally)
8. Memphis (50th nationally)
9. St. Bonaventure (51st nationally)
10. Wright State (52nd nationally)
11. SMU (53rd nationally)
12. Richmond (54th nationally)
13. VCU (58th nationally)
14. Toledo (60th nationally)
15. Drake (63rd nationally)
16. Boise State (66th nationally)
17. Davidson (69th nationally)
18. Colorado State (70th nationally)
19. Marshall (73rd nationally)
20. Rhode Island (74th nationally)

Drake/Loyola with a split this weekend. Keeps both on track to earning an at-large. Honestly, if both win out until Arch Madness, and neither win the conference tournament, I can see a 3 bid MVC.