Mid Major Thread

Loyola beat Evansville by 51 tonight. Holy fuck.

Mountain West tournament is going to be insanely good. 3 locks as of now(if they take care of business) SDSU on the right side of the cutline for now, and it wouldn't surprise me if a team outside the top 4 wins it. UNLV, Fresno State and Utah State all can make a run. 5 bid league?!

HUGE game in the MVC today

Loyola at UNI

Likely for all the marbles

Phenpmenal game in Cedar Falls

UNI wins the MVC by beating Loyola 102-96 in OT

It feels like many of the 1 or 2 seeds have ran through these small conference tournaments. Hopefully sets up for a good 1st round.

It feels like many of the 1 or 2 seeds have ran through these small conference tournaments. Hopefully sets up for a good 1st round.

The #1 seed won the Big South(Longwood), OVC(Murray State), Summit(South Dakota State), technically, Jacksonville State, didn't win the A-Sun, but they get the auto because of Bellarmine being ineligible. Chattanooga won the SoCon. Bryant won the NEC.

Loyola won the MVC as the 4 seed, but they are the best team IMO.

The league where the gap was pretty big from the #1 seed to the eventually winner was the CAA. Towson was a top 75 team, Delaware is ranked in the 130's.

Pitino v. Pitino at the Pit next year.

Houston’ not really a mid major, but didn’t know where else to put this.

Mid Majors to beat P6 teams(I'm not including ACC as Mid Major)

ACC:
Stetson over FSU
Bellarmine over UL
Wright State over UL
Maine over BC
Troy State over FSU

Big 12:
Sam Houston State over OU
S. Illinois over Oklahoma State
Northwestern State over TCU

Pac 12:
FGCU over USC
UC Davis over Cal
Grambling State over Colorado
UC-Irvine over Oregon
Boise State over Washington State
Texas Southern over ASU

SEC:
Southern Mississippi over Vanderbilt
FAU over Florida

Big East and B1G haven't lost to a Mid Major yet.

Mid Majors to beat P6 teams(I'm not including ACC as Mid Major)

ACC:
Stetson over FSU
Bellarmine over UL
Wright State over UL
Maine over BC
Troy State over FSU

Big 12:
Sam Houston State over OU
S. Illinois over Oklahoma State
Northwestern State over TCU

Pac 12:
FGCU over USC
UC Davis over Cal
Grambling State over Colorado
UC-Irvine over Oregon
Boise State over Washington State
Texas Southern over ASU

SEC:
Southern Mississippi over Vanderbilt
FAU over Florida

Big East and B1G haven't lost to a Mid Major yet.
Villanova lost to Temple.

Cincinnati loses to Northern Kentucky by 13. Cincy seemed to project as a “bubble” type team by some so this is a bad loss.

I wasn't including AAC teams, but if you did, that would certainly add to the total.
oh, lmao

i thought you were talking shit when you said "not including ACC as a mid-major" but i guess that was just a typo

oh, lmao

i thought you were talking shit when you said "not including ACC as a mid-major" but i guess that was just a typo

I wasn't going to include P6 teams that lost to an AAC school. Yeah, it was a typo. Meant AAC obviously.

pretty good night for me

The Niners take down Davidson

UNCC/Davidson play for the Hornets Nest trophy every year

if they keep playing well, i may have to drive down to Charlotte and catch a game. due to my work schedule/COVID, i was never able to watch them in-person as a student