RIP Dickey Betts

Saw the Allman Bros. in Chicago and at the NY State Fair.

He was pretty much the last of the original lineup, no?

No offense, dude, but your taste in music is lacking.

No offense taken......but I think you guys are stuck in ground hog day......

I listened to that music back in the 70s,never liked it then,sure as in the hell no gonna listen to it now......

But I lied,I do have one song on my playlist from them,The Midnight Rider......
And the only thing Im jealous of,Duane Allman banged Cher and I never got the oppurtunity......

I listened to that music back in the 70s,never liked it then,sure as in the hell no gonna listen to it now......

And the only thing Im jealous of,Duane Allman banged Cher and I never got the oppurtunity......
Cher is still alive so I can only assume you missed your shot with Duane.

That was Gregg. Duane died in a motorcycle crash in 1971

I seent the ABB at Jones Beach about 25 years ago. About half of the original lineup was there that night...but not Dickey.
Off topic: worst sunburn, dehydration and hangover of my life was a product of a Saturday at Jones Beach. I’m guessing that event took two years off my vital organs.

So much music to love here. Some of the original greats!
The influence of the Allmans goes so deep. There’s not a rock band that formed in the south, a country act(real country, none of the modern radio bullshit) or jam band that doesn’t name the Allman Brothers as a main influence.

This is Dickey Betts’ son and Gregg Allman’s son