The Line - Saudi Arabia

I was having a conversation with my wife last night about "where we could live if we ever wanted to move". I identified that I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have at least one acre of lush green grass around my house. Living in a massive urban complex surrounded by desert would be a prison.

Compared to the ordinary Saudi citizen, this setup would probably be a massive quality of life improvement.

Compared to the ordinary Saudi citizen, this setup would probably be a massive quality of life improvement.
Depends on what one considers "quality of life". Living in a place like that would be sacrificing certain freedoms and some people prioritize some of those freedoms over other perceived gains.

Depends on what one considers "quality of life". Living in a place like that would be sacrificing certain freedoms and some people prioritize some of those freedoms over other perceived gains.

Yeah for sure. But if you're used to living in a city in the desert where you're close quarters anyhow, this seems like a pretty nice upgrade.

c724fbbf-5dcb-46ae-8d3f-26d0f9d308ed_text.gif

Even if its a much smaller scale than originally envisioned, I would still like to see this project completed if for nothing more than the pictures.

c724fbbf-5dcb-46ae-8d3f-26d0f9d308ed_text.gif

Even if its a much smaller scale than originally envisioned, I would still like to see this project completed if for nothing more than the pictures.
eh, we are all familiar with the artist rendition vs what is actually delivered with sports stadiums. No different here. What you will end up with is a couple of blocks of square buildings.

For the $1trillion cost he could hire the best minds from NASA and SpaceEx and build the fucking death star. That's what he should do.

eh, we are all familiar with the artist rendition vs what is actually delivered with sports stadiums. No different here. What you will end up with is a couple of blocks of square buildings.

Sometimes! Sometimes the stadiums come out looking great though.

great, yes. Like the drawings? Not ever close.

I feel like Spurs' stadium (Tottenham, not San Antonio) ended up being pretty damn close.

Still, a concept city is a fun idea that I'd love to see come to fruition...though I question the use of glass and mirrors as wall siding in the middle of the desert.