UFC 264

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00
After racking up the W's he has, a guy like Poirier would normally be going for a title shot ... but he will make a hell of a lot more kicking the shit out of McGregor.

It's only business. What a great fight card though.

Main Card (10 PM ET, ESPN+ PPV)

Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor

Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson

Tai Tuivasa vs. Greg Hardy

Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya

Sean O’Malley vs. Kris Moutinho

Preliminary Card (8 PM ET, ESPN/ESPN+)

Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin

Niko Price vs. Michel Pereira

Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria

Dricus du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles

Preliminary Card (6:15 PM ET, ESPN+)

Jennifer Maia vs. Jessica Eye

Brad Tavares vs. Omari Akhmedov

Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jerome Rivera

Alan Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong

I've already seen this fight twice.

Yeah...that's the side effects of trilogies. :thumb: That fight will be fun ... just to see if mcgregor can get his head back into fighting. But fights like Burns/wonderboy ... those two are looking to get that McGregor type paycheck one day. One of their careers is about to take a very bad turn.

Tua/Hardy fight is interesting ... to see if one of them can become a gate keeper.

Griffin and condit are two older guys that will leave blood all over the mat.

Should be fun.

Last edited:
Interview 7/7/2021 with Rolling Stones.

Rolling Stone: Trilogy fights have been a cornerstone of combat sports for decades, be it in boxing or MMA. This one is particularly special because of how the first two bouts ended. As someone who appreciates the history of fighting, what does it mean for you to be involved in something like this?

Conor McGregor: It’s thrilling. I’ll break records on the PPV. I know that’s the expectation. I’ve been in big fights before, and it’s always electric, and this one will probably be the biggest so far. Having fans there this time is going to add even more to the atmosphere. So, I’m truly so excited, and I’m going to put on a show.

RS: How important is winning this trilogy to your legacy? Not only to have the edge over Dustin in the series, but also because a victory likely sets up a title fight vs. Charles Oliveira.

CM: Any man that fights me three times, God bless them. After I steamroll my opponent, I’ll decide what I want next.

RS: You’ve preached the importance of activity, and now you get your quickest turnaround between MMA fights since 2016. How will it benefit your performance?

CM: I’m always better when I’m busy. I always say that. So, it’s going to help. When I’m active, I’m fresh, I’m dangerous, and I’m hyper-focused.

RS: Where does your opinion on Dustin Poirier stand right now? Do you feel he’s acted improperly in the build to this fight? You guys were friendly in Abu Dhabi, but there seems to be much more tension for this fight.

CM: He talks some amount lately which he will pay for; it’s not going to be nice. I’m going through my opponent on July 10th.

RS: Give me the ‘Mystic Mac’ prediction: How does the fight end?

CM: I’m going to knock him out. Without question. I’m the most dangerous I’ve ever been, I’m the most focused I’ve ever been. And I’m going to take him out. He won’t have any way to deal with what I’m bringing on Saturday, and that’s it.

Yeah...that's the side effects of trilogies. :thumb: That fight will be fun ... just to see if mcgregor can get his head back into fighting. But fights like Burns/wonderboy ... those two are looking to get that McGregor type paycheck one day. One of their careers is about to take a very bad turn.

Tua/Hardy fight is interesting ... to see if one of them can become a gate keeper.

Griffin and condit are two older guys that will leave blood all over the mat.

Should be fun.
I don't see Conor winning this fight. Aside from a lucky strike, or some dumb luck. Porier is better than the last fight, and has the game plan. His fight to lose in my opinion

I don't see Conor winning this fight. Aside from a lucky strike, or some dumb luck. Porier is better than the last fight, and has the game plan. His fight to lose in my opinion

conor is a loon and Dana is getting fed up with his crap. He held up the press conference on Thursday and also last nights customary weigh-in and faceoff by just not showing up. I would like to see Poirier put him away.

But he pulls in so much money with this crap the business has to put up with it. It must eat at everyone else...no matter how much they act like he is the king.

conor is a loon and Dana is getting fed up with his crap. He held up the press conference on Thursday and also last nights customary weigh-in and faceoff by just not showing up. I would like to see Poirier put him away.

But he pulls in so much money with this crap the business has to put up with it. It must eat at everyone else...no matter how much they act like he is the king.
He is a fucking thug, and has shown repeatedly he isn't a good guy. At one point, when he was hungry, he was fucking awesome, and honestly I loved the guy. Ever since the throwing of the guard rail at the bus, he has been on some other shit. Money definitely changed him, and he lost his edge.
I feel like he has always been talented, and skilled, but to be great, like he once was, you need that hunger to train. Feel like that is the part that has been missing. Seen him gassed multiple times over the last few years, in spots he should have been prepared for, and just flat wasn't.

I see you getting what you want out of this fight tonight. Porier I just the better fighter.

My picks tonight for the main card.

Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor ... Conor had to invent an issue (something about good graces being disrespected) to act like the loon he is almost always. He can't even act crazy right anymore. Six months isn't changing anything other than conditioning. Poirier drops him in the 4th.

Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson ... Not sure if he will get wonderboy to the ground, but if Burns does, he kills him. But even on his feet, Burns catches up with him and puts him down in the 3rd round.

Tai Tuivasa vs. Greg Hardy ... If Tuivasa gets out of the 1st round, it's his to win. Hardy will gas midway through the second. Gets tko'd before the 1 minute mark in the 3rd.

Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya ... Period ... whatever. So there's 3 more pounds of blood to be spilled. Both will be bloodied but it goes 3 rounds. Kunitskaya by split decision.

Sean O’Malley vs. Kris Moutinho ... Another softball. wth? After the first 30 seconds of hype, this one ends when and how O'Malley wants...expect it to be like what a cat does with chipmunks. I am not convinced O'Malley has the body to be a top 5 in the UFC, but this fight is a joke.

Best fight of the night imo...

Niko Price vs. Michel Pereira ... these two ain't right.

1625934804937.png

wow......bold stoppage in the O'Malley bout.
Moutinho wasn't incapacitated, just had a horrible facepiece.

Apparently this ref never watched a Rocky movie.

Awww fucking shit man. Poirer/McGregor ends in a stoppage because McGregor's ankle broke as he's backing up. What fuckery is this?

Well they do say the Irish and Italians spend too much time working out on their upper bodies and neglect their lower ones.

That ending sucked. I thought the ref was going to stop it before the round ended...then to discover Conner couldn't continue because the retard broke his leg. I wanted Dustin to beat the snot out of him. Maybe next time. Conner acted the ass at the end and Joe Rogan pretty much got tired of hearing his rant and was like...Okay. okay...and walked away.

Good fights on the card so I guess that's a good thing. Sugar Shane and the green haired zombie was an epic battle!

That ending sucked. I thought the ref was going to stop it before the round ended...then to discover Conner couldn't continue because the retard broke his leg. I wanted Dustin to beat the snot out of him. Maybe next time. Conner acted the ass at the end and Joe Rogan pretty much got tired of hearing his rant and was like...Okay. okay...and walked away.
"This isnt ovaaaah!"

Uh, yes, yes it is, Connor. You're done. Please go away.