UFC 269 12/11/2021

It was the best fight of the night. Pena had such a good left jab that she hit Nunez with every time Nunez came forward....BOOM...left jab in the face. Nunez couldn't deal with that.
She did the whole " I'm smiling to pretend it's not hurting, and I'm going to just out tough you" then you just saw the life leave her eyes.

Even Nate Diaz and Connor McGregor joined in on trolling Poirier. And each other.

1639338063678.png

women's MMA has always been a shit show, but at least when Rousey was on top people were actually interested in it

Nobody cares about Nunes and she's never going to headline a PPV. However, they still tried their best with the "Nunes is the GOAT" narrative. Nunes now owns losses to Julianna Pena, Cat Zingano, some chick that never fought in the UFC and Alexis Davis.

women's MMA has always been a shit show, but at least when Rousey was on top people were actually interested in it

Nobody cares about Nunes and she's never going to headline a PPV. However, they still tried their best with the "Nunes is the GOAT" narrative. Nunes now owns losses to Julianna Pena, Cat Zingano, some chick that never fought in the UFC and Alexis Davis.
I mean to act like Nunez is garbage is not accurate either. She couldn't even find a fight for a while there.

There are interesting fights all over this one. Even the prelims are stacked with ranked fighters.

UFC Lightweight Champion Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier
UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Peña
Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (Welterweight)
Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt (Flyweight
Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley (Bantamweight)
Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige
Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz (Bantamweight)
Augusto Takai vs. Tai Tuivasa
Jordan Wright vs. Bruno Silva
Andre Muniz vs. Eryk Anders (Middleweight)
Miranda Maverick vs. Erin Blanchfield (Women’s Flyweight)
Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell (Flyweight)
Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner (Featherweight)
Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira (Women’s Flyweight)
Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley (Bantamweight)
Chicks fighting is super gross.

I pretty much checked out on MMA once that went mainstream.

I mean to act like Nunez is garbage is not accurate either. She couldn't even find a fight for a while there.
My post was more about Women's MMA being an awful product that the general audience doesn't care for. The three non-Rousey PPV Nunes has headlined have done reported buys of 90,000, 100,000 and 85,000. As a source of comparison, Ken Shamrock vs Kimo did 110,000 in 2004 and that was before the Ultimate Fighter was a thing. Those are awful numbers. People just don't care about women's MMA.

Didn't mean to imply that Nunes was awful, but she has some bad losses. Until last night, you could point and say that those losses took place early in her career. Which was fair, but she was just went out and lost to Julianna Pena. She did look absolute dominate for a seven year period, but man, women's MMA sucks.

Chicks fighting is super gross.

I pretty much checked out on MMA once that went mainstream.
tbh, UFC had great short term results with it after they went all in on Ronda-mania. After Ronda went down, so did the buys for women's MMA. They're probably having buyer's remorse.

tbh, UFC had great short term results with it after they went all in on Ronda-mania. After Ronda went down, so did the buys for women's MMA. They're probably having buyer's remorse.
I thought it was gross with Ronda.

I don’t care about buys. It’s just nasty.

My post was more about Women's MMA being an awful product that the general audience doesn't care for. The three non-Rousey PPV Nunes has headlined have done reported buys of 90,000, 100,000 and 85,000. As a source of comparison, Ken Shamrock vs Kimo did 110,000 in 2004 and that was before the Ultimate Fighter was a thing. Those are awful numbers. People just don't care about women's MMA.

Didn't mean to imply that Nunes was awful, but she has some bad losses. Until last night, you could point and say that those losses took place early in her career. Which was fair, but she was just went out and lost to Julianna Pena. She did look absolute dominate for a seven year period, but man, women's MMA sucks.
All good points. Same for all female sports.

Everything you've just said is some of the stupidest shit I've ever read. Serious question... Are you retarded?

Everything you've just said is some of the stupidest shit I've ever read. Serious question... Are you retarded?
you won't be able to refute a thing i posted, dummy.

Nobody has been interested in women's MMA since Rousey retired. The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you, tubby.

Man...you're dating yourself and limiting yourself to US female fighters as the only attraction. Valentina Schevchenko is 10 times the mixed martial artist that Rosey ever was and will ever be. Her base pay was $500K from the UFC in her last fight. Kala Harrison is another making bank.

There are a limited number of females capable at her and Nunes's level. But it's getting better by the day. This last fight had two young ladies compete that will be beast. Miranda Maverick and Erin Blanchfield ... both in their early 20's. Like 22 and 23. I thought Maverick was going to kill Blanchfield. But...two very young ladies and there are many more in the pipeline.