UFC 273 info​

• Date: April 9
  • Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
  • How to watch: ESPN+ PPV

Last edited:
Two title fights and Chimaev v Burns.

This is a big deal.

Sterling v Yan

Aljamain Sterling steps into the ring with a record of 20 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 2 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 8 by submission.

Petr Yan will make his way to the ring with a record of 16 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 7 of those wins by knock out and 1 by submission.

The stats suggest Yan has a massive power advantage over Sterling, boosting at 44% knock out percentage over Sterling's 10%.

Aljamain Sterling is the older man by 3 years, at 32 years old.

Sterling has 4-inch reach advantage.

Sterling is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 5 more fights, and made his debut in 2011, 1 year and 11 months earlier than Yan, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 3 more professional rounds, 59 to Yan's 56.

Sterling's last 4 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 3 months and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 9 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.3 rounds on average.

Yan's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 9 months and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 25 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 20 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4 rounds on average.

Burns V Chimaev

Gilbert Burns steps into the ring with a record of 20 wins, 4 loses and 0 draws, 6 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 8 by submission.

Khamzat Chimaev will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 10 wins and 0 draws, with 6 of those by knock out and 4 by submission.

Gilbert Burns is the older man by 8 years, at 35 years old.

Chimaev has a height advantage of 4 inches over Burns. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.

Burns is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 14 more fights, and made his debut in 2012, 6 years and 3 months earlier than Chimaev, whose first professional fight was in 2018. He has fought 36 more professional rounds, 49 to Chimaev's 13.

Burns' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 7 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 15 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3 rounds on average.

Chimaev's last 3 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 8 months and 10 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 25 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 3 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 1 rounds on average.

Chimaev...we have 3 fights to look at. One of them lasted like 20 seconds. So. there isn't a full five minutes of tape to see of Chimaev. In all three fights, he just killed the other guy.

I'm guessing Burns would like a bit more than 5 minutes of film. Especially when there's nothing to see except ass whooping's.

“Usman almost handicapped, brother,” Chimaev said in an interview with Daniel Cormier.

“His knees doesn’t work, his back hurts, his arm hurts, operation everywhere. The guy is too old, and he’s too slow. They wanna find a way to make money and go away from my way.

“I hope Kamaru will be there in his (Burns) corner, you know? Like talking, help him for training camp and some sh*it,” Chimaev said. “I hope he will be there. So when I knock (Burns) out, I’m gonna go to (Usman), ‘Jump in, you are next.’ So I can beat them both, same night.”

:dhd:

Israel, I think he will fight me. I don’t think the guy is scared. That guy is gonna fight with me, and I will fight the guy, as well. But this is not my level, that guy. He gives his back to this guy (Whittaker) who never did wrestling in UFC, never took somebody down.”

I can take that belt today,” Chimaev said. “Just send me location where is Usman, where is Israel. I’m gonna go and smash them both. I don’t know what the UFC is gonna do. I’m ready. I said it from my first fight: I come here to take my belt. I’m still saying that after my fights.”

Chimnaev is a beast.

At BetMGM, Burns is a +400 underdog to Khamzat Chimaev, making Burns the second-biggest underdog on the card.

“I can’t figure that stuff out,” Burns said, chuckling. “I don’t get it.”

Chimaev is the flavor of the month in MMA, and his fight with Burns is the one that has UFC officials hoping the pay-per-view numbers may hit seven figures.

“A lot of questions will be answered Saturday,” Burns said. “We'll see. I think he's very, very tough. A lot of respect to the guy. He’s been finishing the competition, like, very good, you know? He been making a big statement every time that he step into the Octagon. But now we level up. Now, we're going to the top two in the world, and we'll see. We'll see if the guy is going to become another Conor McGregor, or is going to be an easy knockout. We’ll see.”

@DJ @Peter Gozintite Are you guys considering betting any dogs on this card? I like Burns at these odds. I also think the Sterling/Yan fight could go either way and those odds are crazy. though I'll still think Yan wins, at those odds, that fight is still a dog or pass, so I wouldn't put real money on it.

@DJ @Peter Gozintite Are you guys considering betting any dogs on this card? I like Burns at these odds. I also think the Sterling/Yan fight could go either way and those odds are crazy. though I'll still think Yan wins, at those odds, that fight is still a dog or pass, so I wouldn't put real money on it.
I like Yan, alot.

Yan.

@DJ ... Sterling says he is ready to fight.

Main Card

• Alexander Volkanovski (c) -700 vs. Chan Sung Jung +500, featherweight title
  • Petr Yan -470 vs. Aljamain Sterling (c) +360, bantamweight title
  • Khamzat Chimaev -575 vs. Gilbert Burns +425, middleweights
  • Tecia Torres -115 vs. Mackenzie Dern -105, women's strawweights
  • Kelvin Gastelum vs. Dricus Du Plessis, middleweights

Prelims

• Aspen Ladd vs. Raquel Pennington, women's bantamweights
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik -150 vs. Marcin Tybura +125, heavyweights
  • Ian Garry -360 vs. Darian Weeks +280, welterweights
  • Mike Malott -170 vs. Mickey Gall +145, welterweights
  • Gavin Tucker vs. Pat Sabatini, featherweights
  • Julio Arce -195 vs. Daniel Santos +165, bantamweights
  • Vinc Pichel -150 vs. Mark Madsen +125, lightweights
  • Piera Rodriguez -115 vs. Kay Hansen -105, women's strawweights

UFC 273 info​

• Date: April 9
  • Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
  • How to watch: ESPN+ PPV

Chimaev Burns ... Holy fuck. Great fight.

I forgot about olenik getting his 60th win last night against a joker is who is half his age. Another great fight. And this one ended like a story book. Good on this man for tuffing out a fight like this.

You guys missed a hell of a show last night.

Check out Oleynik teach Vandera the choke hold he submitted him with. They can't speak a common language, but they get it done.