2016 F-150 help

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
When driving down the road, it sounds like air is blowing when pressing the gas pedal. Goes away when you let your foot off the gas and it doesn't make the noise in 4x4. I'm thinking it's gotta be something in the vacuum system for the 4x4. My dog ran a squirrel into the undercarriage of the truck the other day and he was scratching around trying to get it. I saw the squirrel jump out, I figure either the squirrel gnawed something or my dog pulled something out of place, there was no noise before this happened. It's such a clusterfuck under the hood of these newer trucks, they're a bitch to work on, and I have very little experience with vacuum systems. From what I can see from above and below, I don't see any broken lines. Y'all have any ideas?

@Peter Gozintite @fordman84 @outofyourmind

If you had a vacuum lead, your idle would go to shit......I think. At least on the old cars it does.

That's all I got.

Think I’m gonna break down and take it and let someone else fix it. I need it to be ready for my South Dakota trip this weekend and I’ve got the old 84 F-250 to get me around here in the mean time, though I’ll have to rev it up for an hour in these cold mornings before it’ll be ready to drive

Think I’m gonna break down and take it and let someone else fix it. I need it to be ready for my South Dakota trip this weekend and I’ve got the old 84 F-250 to get me around here in the mean time, though I’ll have to rev it up for an hour in these cold mornings before it’ll be ready to drive

kick that dog?

No. I would rather kill the squirrel. Don’t trust them bastards and they taste good
not sure real housewives of atlanta GIF by HULU

Replaced the front hubs and IWEs. 1600 bucks. Noise is gone though. Spent a grand on tires last week.

I have the same issue on mine. It makes a click sound going slow speeds and a loud rattle at highway speeds. It's annoying as hell, especially when driving with the windows down, but it runs fine, so Im not going to worry about it.

I have the same issue on mine. It makes a click sound going slow speeds and a loud rattle at highway speeds. It's annoying as hell, especially when driving with the windows down, but it runs fine, so Im not going to worry about it.
It’s probably your IWEs, I’ve been reading and it’s a common problem with these trucks. Replaced them and hubs. Two year, unlimited mileage warranty on them

Replaced the front hubs and IWEs. 1600 bucks. Noise is gone though. Spent a grand on tires last week.
Fords are good for 1K in repairs every year after they hit 5 years. It’s just part of it.

Does it have any sort of vibration when you are slowing down, either braking or coasting? the 2015-2019 F150's have a known issue with their u-joints. Ford won't recall it but will "fix on fail". Park it, brake it, chock the wheels, and get under and see if you can wiggle the driveshaft around.

Does it have any sort of vibration when you are slowing down, either braking or coasting? the 2015-2019 F150's have a known issue with their u-joints. Ford won't recall it but will "fix on fail". Park it, brake it, chock the wheels, and get under and see if you can wiggle the driveshaft around.
Mine's a 2009.

Mine's a 2009.
Ah, not sure it applied back then. Still could be u-joint wearing out. I remember on my first truck I thought the new clutch I had installed was chirping when I would let off the gas. Turned out the u-joint was worn out and only noticed when I was taking the drive shaft off to pull the clutch out. Stopped, fixed it, saved myself a ton of time.

When driving down the road, it sounds like air is blowing when pressing the gas pedal. Goes away when you let your foot off the gas and it doesn't make the noise in 4x4. I'm thinking it's gotta be something in the vacuum system for the 4x4. My dog ran a squirrel into the undercarriage of the truck the other day and he was scratching around trying to get it. I saw the squirrel jump out, I figure either the squirrel gnawed something or my dog pulled something out of place, there was no noise before this happened. It's such a clusterfuck under the hood of these newer trucks, they're a bitch to work on, and I have very little experience with vacuum systems. From what I can see from above and below, I don't see any broken lines. Y'all have any ideas?

@Peter Gozintite @fordman84 @outofyourmind
truck GIF

burn it with fire