2021 Garden Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
What you got in the ground?

18 tomato plants- 6 Whoppers, 6 Atkinson and 6 Big Beefs

6 foot of Bush Beans- Bluelake (eventually 24 feet spaced over a month or so)

In about a week:

24 feet of Cucumber (12 slicing and 12 pickling)
6 Zucchini plants
6 Squash plants
An 8 foot by 12 foot patch of sweet corn

In a couple of more weeks:

4 eggplants
16 cayenne pepper plants
4 jalapeño plants
4 Watermelons
4 Canteloupes

Bring the heat on!

Not enuf hot stuff plants. Man, that won't last you 6 months.
Would like to get into those bush beans when they're ready. Prefer the pole speckled butter beans and the pole Kentucky Wonder snap beans but that's a lot of extra work.

Edit
Place here sells the sweet corn right out of the field for $20 a tow sack full. About 45 ears. Those things are sweet and good. They last a long time in the freezer, just leave husk on. However, nothing beats pulling an ear of corn out of your garden, shuck it right there and dig in!

I just covered up, for the freeze tonight, 3 cherry tomato's and 2 Green Peppers, one anaheim and one big bertha.
Don't ask me, I don't know, the wife picked them

It's all we have so far. We accidently planted a Tabasco pepper plant a couple of years ago, and it produced hundreds and hundreds of the hottest little peppers. Might try that one again.

In fact, that Tabasco pepper plant was the best pepper plant I've ever grown.
Didn't want it.
Completely amazing.

Not enuf hot stuff plants. Man, that won't last you 6 months.
Would like to get into those bush beans when they're ready. Prefer the pole speckled butter beans and the pole Kentucky Wonder snap beans but that's a lot of extra work.

Edit
Place here sells the sweet corn right out of the field for $20 a tow sack full. About 45 ears. Those things are sweet and good. They last a long time in the freezer, just leave husk on. However, nothing beats pulling an ear of corn out of your garden, shuck it right there and dig in!
I've never grown butter beans. If I find a bush variety, I may sneak some into my snap bean row.

I like Kentucky Wonder, but the wife thinks it tastes too beany. I gave up arguing with that woman years ago.

I'll make a couple of dozen small bottles of hot sauce with the cayenne. Plenty for me and make good gifts throughout the year.

Yes, my family goes apeshit over picking and eating sweet corn straight from their yard.

Small planters with the wife's choices from before Easter:

2 romaine lettuce
2 broccoli
1 cherry tomato
1 Rutgers tomato
1 bell pepper
1 jalapeño
12 strawberry

20210327_135150.jpg

Something to keep her busy along with some herbs, but it's of course fallen on me to plant and to keep watering. We'll see if she actually uses any in a dish. The romaine is ready to harvest now, so I guess a salad is in my future.

Have 4 blueberry bushes, some strawberries, and a blackberry bush going in the berry patch.

Will update when I plant the garden. Need to clean out the weeds first.

Got a dozen Campari mater plants still cookin under the grow lamp & heat mat.

Bout ready to transplant into the med size cups, so I can wait to harden them off when it stops fng snowin hurr.