2022 Hurricane Season

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,697.00
FVdIdz5WIAEsx2m

Forecasts have just been updated this morning. Strap in!

My annual fishing trip this year is in the Keys. Hurricanes don’t usually hit in mid October so I should be safe.

My annual fishing trip this year is in the Keys. Hurricanes don’t usually hit in mid October so I should be safe.
They actually kind of wind down by then. The peak of hurricane season usually is mid-late Septemberand starts winding dorm in October.

Winding down, but not over in mid October. Still possibilities around that time. And usually they pop in the Caribbean or Gulf that late in season.

Less likely to be a monster, but still possible to be a good storm all around the area.

We’ve now got one in the Bay of Campeche that couldn’t make named status, one mid Atlantic that isn’t modeling to do much, and one coming off Africa that could be making some noise in 7-10 days.

The dust is disappearing and things will ramp for the busiest part of the season.

Time to play dodgeball with storms for a bit….

We’ve now got one in the Bay of Campeche that couldn’t make named status, one mid Atlantic that isn’t modeling to do much, and one coming off Africa that could be making some noise in 7-10 days.

The dust is disappearing and things will ramp for the busiest part of the season.

Time to play dodgeball with storms for a bit….
Yeah the Sahara dust is dying down.

Yeah the Sahara dust is dying down.
It’s still causing some issue for mid Atlantic crossing, but that will be dead shortly.

First wave coming across has been utterly stifled by it (but some modeling is showing it hitting the west Caribbean/GoM and flaring up.

The next two wave coming across should have a much better time.

It’s been quiet, but this is ending very soon.

It’s still causing some issue for mid Atlantic crossing, but that will be dead shortly.

First wave coming across has been utterly stifled by it (but some modeling is showing it hitting the west Caribbean/GoM and flaring up.

The next two wave coming across should have a much better time.

It’s been quiet, but this is ending very soon.

30 years since Andrew.

Will the Climate legislation prevent hurricanes?

No. I was just starting my freshman year in college in NY.
Right on. I remember going down the turnpike in Homestead about 2 years after Andrew and just being gobsmacked.

Now….I cannot even point the same area out going down the turnpike.

That was a damn mess.

Right on. I remember going down the turnpike in Homestead about 2 years after Andrew and just being gobsmacked.

Now….I cannot even point the same area out going down the turnpike.

That was a damn mess.
Yeah. Funny story though. I lived in Palmetto Bay south of Miami and pretty much where the northern eye wall of Andrew hit that neighborhood was flooded but our house that we lived in was built in the 60’s basically out of pool concrete. Neighbors told us it was the only house standing after the storm. Windows blew out but structure survived.

Strong but that concrete was like living in a kiln.

Yeah. Funny story though. I lived in Palmetto Bay south of Miami and pretty much where the northern eye wall of Andrew hit that neighborhood was flooded but our house that we lived in was built in the 60’s basically out of pool concrete. Neighbors told us it was the only house standing after the storm. Windows blew out but structure survived.

Strong but that concrete was like living in a kiln.
Wait….the windows went but the roof held? Was the roof made of pool concrete too? Lol

It was the 60s. Might have been built for hurricane or megaton protection.