2022 Secret Weapon for the Lawn/Garden

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
Last year I went with Milorganite for the Lawn.

This year, have to go with Blood Meal and Bone Meal.
The 2 secret weapons for bigger plants.

Mix it in the soil at planting, or top dress existing plants, and water in.

The Blood Meal is nitrogen and the Bone meal is high in phosphorus.
It does what Miracle Grow potting soil does. I add them together. It's natural so you won't burn your plants, and they love the stuff.

1650492410727.png 1650492445870.png

The stuff used to be dirt cheap; a bi-product of slaughter houses, but now, it costs a fortune, but still worth it.

Ok, the drawback is......it attracts animals, namely dogs, to sniff around and dig some, so be aware of that if you have dogs.

It's time to plant here.
We'll be going out and spending money on all this stuff.

Last year I went with Milorganite for the Lawn.

This year, have to go with Blood Meal and Bone Meal.
The 2 secret weapons for bigger plants.

Mix it in the soil at planting, or top dress existing plants, and water in.

The Blood Meal is nitrogen and the Bone meal is high in phosphorus.
It does what Miracle Grow potting soil does. I add them together. It's natural so you won't burn your plants, and they love the stuff.

View attachment 68827 View attachment 68828

The stuff used to be dirt cheap; a bi-product of slaughter houses, but now, it costs a fortune, but still worth it.

Ok, the drawback is......it attracts animals, namely dogs, to sniff around and dig some, so be aware of that if you have dogs.
disgusting

Have you don't a soil test? If you used nitrogen last year, and nitro and phosphorous this year you might be wasting the phosphorous money. Maybe hit it with some lime to make sure you don't get acidic, that will keep phosphorus from absorbing.

Have you don't a soil test? If you used nitrogen last year, and nitro and phosphorous this year you might be wasting the phosphorous money. Maybe hit it with some lime to make sure you don't get acidic, that will keep phosphorus from absorbing.
I did. We are short on nitrogen and too alkaline. I've started adding our coffee grounds to the garden, which is supposed to help in both areas. I'm not exactly sure how effective it is or if there would be a point where I'd be overdoing it.

Before my tumor surgery back in the beginning of March I went looking for the pre-emergent weed killer I had used the prior year but couldn't find it. Maybe Covid disrupted the normal delivery or something...can't find it anywhere.

So I buy a Scotts brand that was $53 dollars a bag....ends up taking 3 bags of this to weed and feed the entire yard. Kinda pricey compared to what I used all the prior years.

Holy shit did it f'ing work though! I can't believe how thick. green and healthy my grass looks. It's amazing.

I may never ever use any other products on my lawn from now on. It's incredible!

Before my tumor surgery back in the beginning of March I went looking for the pre-emergent weed killer I had used the prior year but couldn't find it. Maybe Covid disrupted the normal delivery or something...can't find it anywhere.

So I buy a Scotts brand that was $53 dollars a bag....ends up taking 3 bags of this to weed and feed the entire yard. Kinda pricey compared to what I used all the prior years.

Holy shit did it f'ing work though! I can't believe how thick. green and healthy my grass looks. It's amazing.

I may never ever use any other products on my lawn from now on. It's incredible!

I've gone to this for pre-emergent.
Every 3 months like clockwork.

No weeds at all now.

1651596576686.png

For fertilizer I go with LESCO 24-0-11 with 3% iron, which does a good job.
Because that brand has gone to no Phosphorus, I'll buy some 10-20-10 and periodically put it down over the summer, a little at a time.

1651596545396.png

Put bone meal on all my flowering perennials, like coreopsis, a week ago.
Boom
busting with flowers today

ends up taking 3 bags of this to weed and feed the entire yard. Kinda pricey compared to what I used all the prior years.

I would imagine

I used something other that Scotts one year and it torched my St Augustine. Listed as safe for SA, but it wasn't and everything stayed light green or yellow all year. Went back to Scotts Bonus S. Don't care the cost, it is worth it to have no weeds and healthy grass.

And if you ever want your grass to go super green just pick up and apply some Ironite. Need to make sure you already have an established lawn because otherwise the roots won't be there to support the greening.

Bought the scott's at costco last month....sure hurts the wallet but it does work damn good.

WTF!! Tumor surgery? First I heard of it. Hope you got er fixed.

Scott's is legit, pricey but legit. Hopefully your tumor stays gone and your grass stays green.

Scott's has a whole system if you stick with their products, next is a summer orange bag for feeding and insect control

What about just banana peels, coffee grounds, and some wood ash?

For the garden