2022 Super Regionals

Of that group East Carolina and Virginia Tech would be the only possible Cinderella's in the College World Series.

Omaha fans love the Cinderella and the sale of their apparel is the hottest in the memorabilia tents.
ECU is that lovable loser everyone gets behind.. they have gotten to this stage only to somehow stub their way into not making Omaha

Here's some more CWS trivia.

In 2004, Cal State Fullerton won the National Championship.

tejas coaches and players refused to take the field for the 'runner up' trophy presentation.
Yeah the umpires screwed us.. it should have been an out and they took one strike away and we got hosed..

we tried to leave the conference after that too

Yeah the umpires screwed us.. it should have been an out and they took one strike away and we got hosed..

we tried to leave the conference after that too

So why did Augie have to lie about it to the New York Times?

Don't get me wrong. Much respect for Augie as a coach even after that display of poor sportsmanship.
I blame TU in general for their entitlement mentality more than Augie.

2004 when tejas refused to accept the runner up trophy.

Bottom of the 7th rally by Fullerton led by multiple donghorn errors.

9th inning tejas goodbye.

"I deeply regret what has happened," Garrido said in a statement released by the university Tuesday. "I hope that this team will be remembered for what it did throughout the year, not for an unfortunate incident that came at the end of a great College World Series."

Garrido said that he did not know there was a trophy for second place and that he did not intend to snub Cal State Fullerton, the university he led to three national titles before taking over at Texas.
"

Prior to 2004...

Fullerton to Omaha 7 times under Augie ('75, '79, '82, '84, '92, '94, 95). 3 Nattys ('79, '84, 95) and 1 Runner up (1992)
tejas to Omaha 3 trips under Augie ('00, '02, '03). 1 Natty (2002)

So 10 trips to Omaha prior to 2004 with 4 Natty's and 1 Runner up, but "He did not know there was a trophy for second place"

:rolleyes:

"I deeply regret what has happened," Garrido said in a statement released by the university Tuesday. "I hope that this team will be remembered for what it did throughout the year, not for an unfortunate incident that came at the end of a great College World Series."

Garrido said that he did not know there was a trophy for second place and that he did not intend to snub Cal State Fullerton, the university he led to three national titles before taking over at Texas.
"

Prior to 2004...

Fullerton to Omaha 7 times under Augie ('75, '79, '82, '84, '92, '94, 95). 3 Nattys ('79, '84, 95) and 1 Runner up (1992)
tejas to Omaha 3 trips under Augie ('00, '02, '03). 1 Natty (2002)

So 10 trips to Omaha prior to 2004 with 4 Natty's and 1 Runner up, but "He did not know there was a trophy for second place"

:rolleyes:
he just had one runner up team.. but at least he didn't go full meltdown like Pelini

BTW obligatory;

I'm pulling for Southern Miss. Can't pull for a yankee team, yet don't want an SEC team to win it.

he just had one runner up team.. but at least he didn't go full meltdown like Pelini

BTW obligatory;

Both teams are on the field at the same time for the Natty and Runner Up trophy presentations. Know your CWS

It was literally impossible for Augie not to know there was a Runner Up trophy presentation having been on the field 5 times for previous presentations.

He lied.

Both teams are on the field at the same time for the Natty and Runner Up trophy presentations. Know your CWS

It was literally impossible for Augie not to know there was a Runner Up trophy presentation having been on the field 5 times for previous presentations.

He lied.
If he said he didn't know, he didn't know

If he said he didn't know, he didn't know

No. He knew because the CWS committee sent a rep to the tejas locker room.

The door was barricaded from the inside and all the rep could hear were boys crying.
When he knocked and said "Trophy presentation time", the crying got louder.

jack-nicholson-shining.gif

No. He knew because the CWS committee sent a rep to the tejas locker room.

The door was barricaded from the inside and all the rep could hear were boys crying.
When he knocked and said "Trophy presentation time", the crying got louder.

jack-nicholson-shining.gif
😂 😂 Stop it.. Omaha loves us.. Augie didn't know

lmao. Lots of teams that played in elimination games in their regional near the top of that list. I have no issue if we face Jexas again this season and beat their overrated asses, again.
gotta get there to do it.. good luck vs the Hokies

Today’s Schedule
#9 Texas @ East Carolina 12pm ET ESPN2
Oklahoma @ #4 Virginia Tech 3pm ET ESPN2
Notre Dame @ #1 Tennessee 6pm ET ESPN2
#12 Louisville @ #5 Texas A&M 8:30pm ET ESPNU

my bad.. got them confused..

ESPN switches over to Super Regionals coverage, and first frame you see is some skinny hillbilly giving the Horns Down. Fuck these guys. Let’s drop a 15 spot on them.

Horns with a lead off double, then a two out homer to left for a 2-0 lead