2023-2024 Oscars / 96th Academy Awards

I'm starting to seek them out and watch them where they are available for cheap rentals instead of the nonsense buy $20 digital copy that most are on still.

The best picture nominees this year are:

The Holdovers
American Fiction
The Zone of Interest
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things
Past Lives
Anatomy of a Fall
Maestro
Killers of the Flower Moon

Of those I have seen and rank them as:

1- Oppenheimer
2 - Anatomy of a Fall
3 - Past Lives
4 - The Holdovers
5 - Killers of the Flower Moon
6 - Barbie

I still want to see when they become available for cheap rent or streaming on one of the services:

The Zone of Interest - really want to see this one badly. Any sort of Nazi or Holocaust movie, sign me up.
Poor Things - Supposed to be very weird and I like that.

Haven't seen and have no interest in seeing:

- Maestro - gay shit
- American Fiction - race baiting shit

I only saw Oppenheimer.

It was a decent movie, but I'd call it a little overrated.

I saw Oppenheimer.

Absolute zero interest in any of the others.

None. If Margot Robbie ain't nekkid in it, I don't care.
Fair Honest GIF - Fair Honest Right GIFs

Oppy, The Holdovers and Maestro.

All boring af.

I’d like to make sexy time with Leonard Bernstein’s sister.

KOTFM
Oppenheimer
The Holdovers

That was DeNiro’s best performance in ~30 years. They’ll prolly give it to him.

Nolan finally gets his best director and best picture oscars.

Hopefully Tarantino is next with The Movie Critic.

Summary: Oppenheimer wins Best Picture, Director (Christopher Nolan), Actor (Cillian Murphy), Supporting Actor (Robert Downey, Jr.), and Emma Stone wins Best Actress for 2nd time (this time for Poor Things).

Summary: Oppenheimer wins Best Picture, Director (Christopher Nolan), Actor (Cillian Murphy), Supporting Actor (Robert Downey, Jr.), and Emma Stone wins Best Actress for 2nd time (this time for Poor Things).
was surprised Emma won, as RDJ said never go full retard, and she started off that movie doing just that.

Did the movie just revealed to be entirely plagiarized win ‘Best Screenplay’?

Didn't watch. Usually it's because I'm indifferent and it's an afterthought. But when I saw Jimmy Kimmel was hosting I purposely went out of my way not to watch.

Finally The Zone of Interest available for rent and not just digital purchase.

Finally The Zone of Interest available for rent and not just digital purchase.

Very slow and no real story. Very pretty movie though. Kind of interesting, I just wish it actually showed inside the camp. I just want a good Holocaust movie one day showing brutal life of inside the camp.

was surprised Emma won, as RDJ said never go full retard, and she started off that movie doing just that.
watched Poor Things on Friday night and really enjoyed it. Super weird and took some time to get going but after, it was a very solid movie. Both her and Ruffalo were great in their roles.