2023 Darwin Award candidates

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Post em here. I’ll start us off with a couple scholars that were electrocuted to death a couple days ago about an hour and a half from here trying to steal copper from a substation

Suspects electrocuted, killed during Gainesville attempted burglary, police say

I mean, if you wanna steal from a substation, you’d think the first rule would be to know good and damn well what you can and can’t cut/touch.

I’m hoping it’s the same bunch that has been hitting a bunch of businesses including the one my mom works at in Forsyth County.

Hell, the quarry was robbed a couple weeks ago, but those fuckers were caught when they tried to pawn some junk that was clearly tied to us

Post em here. I’ll start us off with a couple scholars that were electrocuted to death a couple days ago about an hour and a half from here trying to steal copper from a substation

I mean, if you wanna steal from a substation, you’d think the first rule would be to know good and damn well what you can and can’t cut/touch.

I’m hoping it’s the same bunch that has been hitting a bunch of businesses including the one my mom works at in Forsyth County.

Hell, the quarry was robbed a couple weeks ago, but those fuckers were caught when they tried to pawn some junk that was clearly tied to us
Most of the theft cases we heard when I was on a grand jury a few years ago were tied to people stealing copper wire or other stuff to sell to scrap metal places, and most of the time they were caught because they took stuff to the yards that still had company markings on them.

Most of the theft cases we heard when I was on a grand jury a few years ago were tied to people stealing copper wire or other stuff to sell to scrap metal places, and most of the time they were caught because they took stuff to the yards that still had company markings on them.
Ours were caught because they tried to pawn some grinders and impacts, and all the serial numbers matched what was stolen from us. They weren’t too smart. I mean, they left a portable welder and a hydraulic wrench that combined would have been worth more than triple what they thought they got away with

Love it when karma gets someone.

I read about some dumbasses who got caught cutting and stealing wire just this morning. Plot twist:it was fiber optic wire...

GIF by Giphy QA

I read about some dumbasses who got caught cutting and stealing wire just this morning. Plot twist:it was fiber optic wire...

GIF by Giphy QA
When I was a teenager, our tweaker neighbor told me some dude gave him a whole spool of wire and some junk car parts and he’d give me half the money if we could use my truck to haul it. Get there and it’s a spool of fiber optic. Think I wound up getting like 10 bucks for some brake rotors. I was pissed. Made his stinking ass ride in the back of the truck back home

When I was a teenager, our tweaker neighbor told me some dude gave him a whole spool of wire and some junk car parts and he’d give me half the money if we could use my truck to haul it. Get there and it’s a spool of fiber optic. Think I wound up getting like 10 bucks for some brake rotors. I was pissed. Made his stinking ass ride in the back of the truck back home
you're as dumb as him, IMO

Ours were caught because they tried to pawn some grinders and impacts, and all the serial numbers matched what was stolen from us. They weren’t too smart. I mean, they left a portable welder and a hydraulic wrench that combined would have been worth more than triple what they thought they got away with

Having to steal from quarries and not being smart seems redundant.