GAME 2024 Official NFL Draft Thread 8pm ET ESPN

Justin Fields' EPA/Play was NEGATIVE on RBSDM, lmao. A WR having unhealthy usage is not proof the QB caused it in a good way. Fields was an active impediment to winning.
Gee, it's almost as if he could have benefitted from having literally any other WR be fucking competent.

Holy shit, he's better than the likes of Kyle Allen, Will Grier and PJ fucking Walker???

jim carrey disbelief GIF
Ok that gif gave me a good chuckle

Gee, it's almost as if he could have benefitted from having literally any other WR be fucking competent.
He had Mooney, Kmet, and Moore. Also a VERY good RB stable behind him. He had more than enough help if he was actually capable of leading the Bears to a SB trophy. He isn't.

He had Mooney, Kmet, and Moore. Also a VERY good RB stable behind him. He had more than enough help if he was actually capable of leading the Bears to a SB trophy. He isn't.
I know you didn't just try to tout Mooney. He was a borderline WR3/4 forced to play 2 because everyone else was trash. His "VERY good RB stable" averaged a whopping 4.3 YPC with 8 total TDs. Fields was (yet again) forced to be the leading rusher.

I know you didn't just try to tout Mooney. He was a borderline WR3/4 forced to play 2 because everyone else was trash. His "VERY good RB stable" averaged a whopping 4.3 YPC with 8 total TDs. Fields was (yet again) forced to be the leading rusher.
Interesting choice of words there.

Be sure to read the note at the bottom of the Bears evalutation.
Never heard of that website but PFF had them at 19th so obviously something is fucky. Also, remember when I brought up Fields' WRs creating the least amount of separation in the NFL compared to other WRs? Could that be why he was holding onto the ball perhaps?

Good enough for an actual SB caliber QB. Which Fields isn't. You don't play to be sustainable and mid in the NFL, you play to win championships.

Mahomes was working with chucklekfucks and he had an EPA/Play well over .100.

Never heard of that website but PFF had them at 19th so obviously something is fucky. Also, remember when I brought up Fields' WRs creating the least amount of separation in the NFL compared to other WRs? Could that be why he was holding onto the ball perhaps?
I mean, it's prolly the gayest stat in football, but maybe.

Good enough for an actual SB caliber QB. Which Fields isn't.

Mahomes was working with chucklekfucks and he had an EPA/Play well over .100.
Mahomes, the veteran playing for one of the best offensive coaching minds in history, with a first ballot HOF TE, with the 5th rated offensive line in the NFL? That Mahomes?

Mahomes, the veteran playing for one of the best offensive coaching minds in history, with a first ballot HOF TE, with the 5th rated offensive line in the NFL? That Mahomes?
Would you like to name the WR's Mahomes was throwing to?

Hint: They're worse than the Bears.

We can go down the list with guys like Lamar too, if you like.

Would you like to name the WR's Mahomes was throwing to?

Hint: They're worse than the Bears.
Mahomes also had nearly the same YPA as Fields with a QB rating that wasn't much higher. Perhaps having an elite OL, an elite offensive coach, and also the 2nd best scoring/total defense in the NFL helped lead to some success? Also Rashee Rice and Justin Watson are considerably better than every Bears WR from last year outside of Moore.

Mahomes also had nearly the same YPA as Fields with a QB rating that wasn't much higher. Perhaps having an elite OL, an elite offensive coach, and also the 2nd best scoring/total defense in the NFL helped lead to some success? Also Rashee Rice and Justin Watson are considerably better than every Bears WR from last year outside of Moore.
Mahomes EPA/Play was .165, including postseason it's .179. His WR1 to start the year was projected to be Kadarius Toney.

Fields by contrast was -.009 (22nd, btw)

Mahomes EPA/Play was .165, including postseason it's .179. His WR1 to start the year was projected to be Kadarius Toney.

Fields by contrast was -.009 (22nd, btw)
Breaking news, elite offensive coaches and offensive lines help lead to QB success.

Breaking news, elite offensive coaches and offensive lines help lead to QB success.
Josh Allen and Joe Burrow exist.

Once again, the Bears are trying to win a Super Bowl, not go 9-8.

Josh Allen and Joe Burrow exist.

Once again, the Bears are trying to win a Super Bowl, not go 9-8.
Josh Allen was significantly worse than Fields before Brian Daboll came along to help him develop and they got him some legit weapons. Burrow has had arguably the best assortments of offensive weapons in NFL history and his OC was so good he just got a HC job. Not illustrating the point you thought you were there.

Josh Allen was significantly worse than Fields before Brian Daboll came along to help him develop and they got him some legit weapons. Burrow has had arguably the best assortments of offensive weapons in NFL history and his OC was so good he just got a HC job. Not illustrating the point you thought you were there.
Brian Daboll, offensive mastermind, lol. I give it maybe 1 year before that grift ends in New York. That bum should go back to Alabama.

I love how @Across The Field wants the Bears to coddle Justin Fields meanwhile Jared Goff has been to the SB, won a lot of games, and just took the fucking Lions of all teams to the NFCCG and he's contractually treated as a passenger in Detroit, lmaooooo.

I love how @Across The Field wants the Bears to coddle Justin Fields meanwhile Jared Goff has been to the SB, won a lot of games, and just took the fucking Lions of all teams to the NFCCG and he's contractually treated as a passenger in Detroit, lmaooooo.
Fields wasn't blameless and what a weird thing to say about coddling. I just thoroughly disagree with the notion that he was the problem in Chicago the last three years while ignoring the lack of talent and pack of retards coaching offense.