2024 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
These are always fun... we need our annual R&R HOF thread to bitch about the R&R HOF and argue what should be considered Rock and Roll...

• Mary J. Blige
  • Mariah Carey
  • Cher
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Eric B. & Rakim
  • Foreigner
  • Peter Frampton
  • Jane's Addiction
  • Kool & the Gang
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Oasis
  • Sinéad O'Connor
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Sade
  • A Tribe Called Quest

Jane's Addiction, Ozzy, and Frampton seem like the obvious ones, yeah? But also the ones that likely one or all of them aren't picked...

Considering Sabbath is already in, it's an overall weak list minus Jane's Addiction, they're the only one that stands out as "how are they not already in?"

These are always fun... we need our annual R&R HOF thread to bitch about the R&R HOF and argue what should be considered Rock and Roll...

• Mary J. Blige
  • Mariah Carey
  • Cher
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Eric B. & Rakim
  • Foreigner
  • Peter Frampton
  • Jane's Addiction
  • Kool & the Gang
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Oasis
  • Sinéad O'Connor
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Sade
  • A Tribe Called Quest

Jane's Addiction, Ozzy, and Frampton seem like the obvious ones, yeah? But also the ones that likely one or all of them aren't picked...

Considering Sabbath is already in, it's an overall weak list minus Jane's Addiction, they're the only one that stands out as "how are they not already in?"
I would add Foreigner to the list of How Are They Not In Yet list.

• Mary J. Blige
  • Mariah Carey
  • Cher
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Eric B. & Rakim
  • Foreigner
  • Peter Frampton
  • Jane's Addiction
  • Kool & the Gang
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Oasis
  • Sinéad O'Connor
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Sade
  • A Tribe Called Quest

Another horrible list......

Not an Ozzy fan and thats just my taste,but I get it......

Janes Addiction,not sure why they are onthe list....

Foriegner Icould see with a lot of 70s hits,but once again I never liked their music.
Frampton Comes Alive.....??....just because of that album??

No thanks....and rest of them shoukd have no shot.

Foriegner Icould see with a lot of 70s hits,but once again I never liked their music.

Jane's Addiction was on the forefront of the LA alternative scene. They check the "innovative/influential" criteria box in spades with helping shape the evolution of what rock music would be for a generation.

Don't disagree with the rest.

I really liked Oasis, but their career was wayyy too short.

Ok, these are Rock and Roll stars to liberals:

-Donna Summer (Fucking disco)
-Dolly Parton
-Madonna

Seriously?????? All in the HOF for Rock!!!!! Somebody's on drugs. The Rock HOF is a fucking joke.

I hope Sinéad O'Connor gets due to the popularity of her singing that Prince song. Just to see the meltdown.

• Eric B. & Rakim
  • A Tribe Called Quest

I don't hate these two being included; they were both influential in the advancement of hip-hop/rap. It does make me wonder why the Hall chose those two acts in particular over bigger globally-beloved acts during the same time period such as Outkast & Wu-Tang Clan - who Billboard ranked #1 & #2 as the greatest rap groups of all time.

And if Ozzy is in with Black Sabbath, but could get in solo, too; then Dr. Dre and Ice Cube should get in solo. ...Both of those guys had bigger solo careers than NWA careers.

-Dolly Parton
-Madonna

Seriously?????? All in the HOF for Rock!!!!! Somebody's on drugs. The Rock HOF is a fucking joke.
There it is.

I think Foreigner with 80 million albums sold worldwide were more than a band with lots of 70s hits.

• Mary J. Blige
  • Mariah Carey
  • Cher
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Eric B. & Rakim
  • Foreigner
  • Peter Frampton
  • Jane's Addiction
  • Kool & the Gang
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Oasis
  • Sinéad O'Connor
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Sade
  • A Tribe Called Quest

Nope. I’m still not interested in going to Cleveland of my own free will.

-Dolly Parton
-Madonna

It is. They should just change the name to the HOF of Music

I hope Sinéad O'Connor gets due to the popularity of her singing that Prince song. Just to see the meltdown.
I will even acknowledge her enshrinement if she has the stones to show up at the ceremony!

-Dolly Parton
-Madonna

It always has been. It's basically "The Hall for Anyone Who Had a Modicum of Success In Any Genre".

The fact that it took them so long to put in a group like Rush tells you all you need to know.

Nope. I’m still not interested in going to Cleveland of my own free will.
Cleveland, it's like Detroit without the glitter.