Series Thread 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Not gonna deny the Wings have some shitty fans. Every team does. Wings fans fill every U.S. arena when they travel, so I'm not surprised you encountered some dumb ones - especially in Florida.

If Tkachuk gets knocked out of the playoffs before the Panthers do, I'd be okay with them making it to the Cup Final and if they're playing someone other than the Stars I'll pull for them to win it.

I contend that the...
- Montreal Canadiens have the most in-game annoying fan base in the NHL. Every time a Canadiens player trips over the red line the whole arena cries to the refs for a penalty. They're a mob of Frenchy bitches.
- Toronto Maple Leafs have the most out-game annoying fan base in the NHL. They believe the whole NHL revolves around their team.
- Chicago Blackhawks have the most fair-weather fan base in the NHL. 95% of their fanbase became Blackhawks fans in 2010 and forgot they existed by 2018.
I’ll never get over going to Wild games and how fucking stupid their fans are. They do the trivia style games both pregame for seat upgrades and free shit and in game, the PA would lean into the answer as a choice “is it A, B or Or is it ccccccccccccccc mikko koivu?” And their fans get it wrong like 80% of the time.

It’s one thing to not know your own team, it’s another to be so fucking dumb to not be able to read context clues.

Hell, maybe it’s all a fix and the contestant is fake most of the time. Weird to make your fans look like fucking idiots, but I guess to save a couple bucks…

Not gonna deny the Wings have some shitty fans. Every team does. Wings fans fill every U.S. arena when they travel, so I'm not surprised you encountered some dumb ones - especially in Florida.

If Tkachuk gets knocked out of the playoffs before the Panthers do, I'd be okay with them making it to the Cup Final and if they're playing someone other than the Stars I'll pull for them to win it.

I contend that the...
- Montreal Canadiens have the most in-game annoying fan base in the NHL. Every time a Canadiens player trips over the red line the whole arena cries to the refs for a penalty. They're a mob of Frenchy bitches.
- Toronto Maple Leafs have the most out-game annoying fan base in the NHL. They believe the whole NHL revolves around their team.
- Chicago Blackhawks have the most fair-weather fan base in the NHL. 95% of their fanbase became Blackhawks fans in 2010 and forgot they existed by 2018.
I hate all three of those fan bases. Habs, Leafs, and Wings fans are the worst I've encountered when going to see the Bolts. Rangers and Pens are up there too.

I hate all other hockey teams, except for New Jersey Devils and Colorado Avalanche

I hate all three of those fan bases. Habs, Leafs, and Wings fans are the worst I've encountered when going to see the Bolts. Rangers and Pens are up there too.
Curiosity: I've noticed a particularly high volume of Wings fans every time the Wings play in both Florida venues. Are the Wings fans annoying because of the high volume or are there other factors involved?

I hate all other hockey teams, except for New Jersey Devils and Colorado Avalanche
A link between the Devils and Avs is Claude Lemieux. If you're a Claude Lemieux fan, you're dead to me! :finger:

Curiosity: I've noticed a particularly high volume of Wings fans every time the Wings play in both Florida venues. Are the Wings fans annoying because of the high volume or are there other factors involved?
I think it's a combo of high volume (a lot of transplants and tourists) and their general attitude. Like Leafs fans, they think the hockey world revolves around them. To me the only difference between the two fan bases is Detroit has more recent titles.

After 1 round I’d guess it’s Florida Colorado final but still a lot of hockey to be played!

As long as an American team wins the cup I’m good :usa2:

4 Canadian teams entered the playoffs, two remain, and one is guaranteed to exit this round. Nearing another year of America keeping the cup.
Toronto never counts.

4 Canadian teams entered the playoffs, two remain, and one is guaranteed to exit this round. Nearing another year of America keeping the cup.
American teams can't win the cup without Canadian players and Canadian players can't win the cup on a Canadian team. The reason for that is that these days, American teams have better coaches and management. That's the only thing left that makes any sense.

American teams can't win the cup without Canadian players and Canadian players can't win the cup on a Canadian team. The reason for that is that these days, American teams have better coaches and management. That's the only thing left that makes any sense.
The Cup craves Freedom :usa2:

A link between the Devils and Avs is Claude Lemieux. If you're a Claude Lemieux fan, you're dead to me! :finger:
I loved Claude Lemieux

I also loved Dougie Gilmore, even though he was a nasty ass leaf

I loved Claude Lemieux
I can't stand weasels who take dirty cheap shots then don't answer the bell. I called the Tkachuks "Claude Lemieux knock-offs" because at least Claude showed up big for his team in big playoff situations and the Tkachuks tend to blend into the crowd in those situations. Claude also destroyed Draper's face and showed no remorse for it while the Tkachuks haven't taken the goonery that far either.

I can't stand weasels who take dirty cheap shots then don't answer the bell. I called the Tkachuks "Claude Lemieux knock-offs" because at least Claude showed up big for his team in big playoff situations and the Tkachuks tend to blend into the crowd in those situations. Claude also destroyed Draper's face and showed no remorse for it while the Tkachuks haven't taken the goonery that far either.
All three Tkachuks are good NHL players, let’s be real.

Matthew led that team to the finals last year

Wut? Matt had 24 pts in 20 playoff games last year and has 10 through 6 games this year.