25 Years Ago Today!

one of the few non-Steeler games that royally pissed me off as a teenager. i really, really wanted to see minnesota go to the supebowl and kick denver's ass, they were pretty much the only NFC team that i figured would be up to the task, and of course, they choked in epic fashion.

I don't specifically remember this game, but I remember the Favre INT game.

Karma.

I don't specifically remember this game, but I remember the Favre INT game.

Karma.
Favre INT game? There's like 300 of them! You got a pretty good memory for an old dude! :beer2:

That Falcons-Broncos Super Bowl was the first NFL game I remember watching. Didn’t even know the Falcons existed before that game.

Winning the final score on a Super Bowl square my grandpa bought me lead me to be a Broncos fan for a good while. Eventually switched to Falcons out of convenience

Falcons were 14-2 that year though, not like the Vikings lost to a 9-7 team that backdoored into the playoffs, and I still think Denver wins the SB if the Vikings were in

Favre INT game? There's like 300 of them! You got a pretty good memory for an old dude! :beer2:
Purple Farve NFC game near the end. Scrambles left, throws back across his body for INT. 2009. Vikings already in field goal range when an FG would have clinched game.

Purple Farve NFC game near the end. Scrambles left, throws back across his body for INT. 2009. Vikings already in field goal range when an FG would have clinched game.
Oooohhhhh... THAT INT game...

:wank:

He wouldn't have had to throw if not for the 12 men in the huddle penalty before the play.

That Falcons-Broncos Super Bowl was the first NFL game I remember watching. Didn’t even know the Falcons existed before that game.

Winning the final score on a Super Bowl square my grandpa bought me lead me to be a Broncos fan for a good while. Eventually switched to Falcons out of convenience

Falcons were 14-2 that year though, not like the Vikings lost to a 9-7 team that backdoored into the playoffs, and I still think Denver wins the SB if the Vikings were in

Vikes were 10.5 point favorites.

He wouldn't have had to throw if not for the 12 men in the huddle penalty before the play.
He still didn't have to throw it. A run up the middle, run the clock, kick the field goal. It was "anything but a turnover" moment.

Shit, scrambles right, threw back left to middle of the field.
I knew what you meant.

And :wank:for our old diva QBs flailing in other uniforms while their replacement picks up in GB better than they left it.

He still didn't have to throw it. A run up the middle, run the clock, kick the field goal. It was "anything but a turnover" moment.

Blame Childress, Favre should have never been in the situation to begin with! That 5 yards knocked us from field goal range otherwise we just run it up the gut get a couple yards and Longwell trots out there!

Last edited:
one of the few non-Steeler games that royally pissed me off as a teenager. i really, really wanted to see minnesota go to the supebowl and kick denver's ass, they were pretty much the only NFC team that i figured would be up to the task, and of course, they choked in epic fashion.
yeah if they made the Superbowl, they might have been listed as one of the best teams ever!