Influential Rock Bands of the 60's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00
Who you got and why?

Damn...messed it up ... again. I wanted the 2nd choice to be The Guess Who. :L

Wasn't able to change it, but I added them in. Still lame.

Good thing. The Who.

Yeah...the who is going to be the winner by a lot. Which is why I didn't want them in there. Hendrix, Zeppelin and The Stones are far more popular and influential.

But Jefferson Airplane, The Doors and The Guess Who were powerhouses as well. I was interested in seeing where those three fell from that era. Which of those three ruled.

Yeah...the who is going to be the winner by a lot. Which is why I didn't want them in there. Hendrix, Zeppelin and The Stones are far more popular and influential.

But Jefferson Airplane, The Doors and The Guess Who were powerhouses as well. I was interested in seeing where those three fell from that era. Which of those three ruled.
Ranking just those 3...

1. The Doors the blending of poetry and melody as equals

2. Guess Who. Showed Canada had rockers, too.

3. Jefferson Airplane. More influential in lifestyle than music

Peter, Paul, and Mary

jam out with your clam out

Last edited:
The Who, and it's not really that close, IMO.

After that, I'd go..

Doors
JA
TGW

Who-later influenced acid and punk rock, and they are kinda good in general
Jefferson Airplane- psychedelic pioneers, great song writing
Doors- because I was not going to select the Guess Who because @Hu War Yu was the original front man

Who-later influenced acid and punk rock, and they are kinda good in general
Jefferson Airplane- psychedelic pioneers, great song writing
Doors- because I was not going to select the Guess Who because @Hu War Yu was the original front man
Lots of people make that mistake.

@Hu War Yu was a Who song about some guy they met that taught them how to trash hotel rooms.

Lots of people make that mistake.

@Hu War Yu was a Who song about some guy they met that taught them how to trash hotel rooms.
That was part of the problem. He trashed any room he was in, hotel, bathroom, sewing, waiting

i wish the doors were more influential, definitely my favorite of the ones mentioned, but i've never really seen them copied or what they did duplicated by any other band.

i wish the doors were more influential, definitely my favorite of the ones mentioned, but i've never really seen them copied or what they did duplicated by any other band.

Yeah, it's a tough one. Out of the three North American groups, I'd say Jefferson Airplane was "the most" influential

Guess Who booted the Beatles from #1 with American Woman.

The Doors definitely were more influential to my listening habits. They moved rock from sunshine pop to a darker mood. I would even say they were the forefathers of Sabbath.