3rd row SUV options

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 167.00
Looking to add another 3rd row SUV to distribute mileage from our '21 Palisade that is the wife's daily driver, but currently takes multiple trips from VA to visit family in NJ and WV, along with a couple trips to Disney.

I also drive 80+ miles a day with my '17 Colorado, so I'm strongly considering hybrids.

Top choices with AWD are below, but I'm open to suggestions:

- another Palisade Limited or calligraphy trim
- Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid limited or platinum
- Telluride Ex or Sx

Admittedly, I've gotten spoiled with the wife's HUD and heated and ventilated seats, but the mpg of a Hybrid is advantageous, however, it's a brand new model that is likely to have growing pains.

Looking to add another 3rd row SUV to distribute mileage from our '21 Palisade that is the wife's daily driver, but currently takes multiple trips from VA to visit family in NJ and WV, along with a couple trips to Disney.

I also drive 80+ miles a day with my '17 Colorado, so I'm strongly considering hybrids.

Top choices with AWD are below, but I'm open to suggestions:

- another Palisade Limited or calligraphy trim
- Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid limited or platinum
- Telluride Ex or Sx

Admittedly, I've gotten spoiled with the wife's HUD and heated and ventilated seats, but the mpg of a Hybrid is advantageous, however, it's a brand new model that is likely to have growing pains.

We have a honda pilot with the captains chairs. Kids love that they have heated seats now in the back.

We have a honda pilot with the captains chairs. Kids love that they have heated seats now in the back.

How's the 3rd row space?

We will need to travel 7-10 hours with adults or adult sized kids in the 3rd row a few times a year, so that is a concern.

Its good as long as you don't need much cargo behind the 3rd row.

And that will be an issue. While we can load some things on the roof, the additional space will be a priority with these trips taken multiple times a year.

Honestly, I think the Hyundai Palisade is the best bang of the buck at the upper trim levels, but the extra mpg of the Grand Highlander may trump it if I can find one that is closer in price. Being a new model, it's hard to find one in my area at all or for that matter one that is close in price. The Palisade is likely my first choice, but I'm not in a rush.

Be a baller and get one of them Grand Wagoneers. The new neighbors who are packing 15 people into a three bedroom townhome rental seem to love it.

And that will be an issue. While we can load some things on the roof, the additional space will be a priority with these trips taken multiple times a year.

Honestly, I think the Hyundai Palisade is the best bang of the buck at the upper trim levels, but the extra mpg of the Grand Highlander may trump it if I can find one that is closer in price. Being a new model, it's hard to find one in my area at all or for that matter one that is close in price. The Palisade is likely my first choice, but I'm not in a rush.
Hyundai is cheap. I mean cheap.

Grand cherokee L or Acadia for me. Toyota also great choice.

I've decided on the Grand Highlander hybrid limited, so it's now a waiting game to find one with the color (red, blue, and white in order preference) and options I want (or don't want).

Don't need or want a moonroof ($1,350) but it seems like every allocation they send to dealers have this as an option. How many people actually want a moonroof? Then there is the markup on paint protection, puddle lights, etc. that is nothing but profit for the dealer and means shit to me.

Screenshot_20240116_205330_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240116_205417_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240116_205508_Chrome.jpg

I've decided on the Grand Highlander hybrid limited, so it's now a waiting game to find one with the color (red, blue, and white in order preference) and options I want (or don't want).

Don't need or want a moonroof ($1,350) but it seems like every allocation they send to dealers have this as an option. How many people actually want a moonroof? Then there is the markup on paint protection, puddle lights, etc. that is nothing but profit for the dealer and means shit to me.

View attachment 114873View attachment 114874View attachment 114875
Nice.

Toyota makes a great vehicle.

Ended up having to place an order for one (Ruby Flare), but still couldn't avoid having the moonroof on the limited trim. They (Toyota) also tacked on another $325 for an additional 2 year subscription for the drive connect options. I put down a "down-payment" for the order, but may be able to negotiate that off when it's built a month from now.

We just got a grand cherokee L last week.

Rides pretty smooth. We are in vacation with it. Will give update.

Ended up having to place an order for one (Ruby Flare), but still couldn't avoid having the moonroof on the limited trim. They (Toyota) also tacked on another $325 for an additional 2 year subscription for the drive connect options. I put down a "down-payment" for the order, but may be able to negotiate that off when it's built a month from now.
We were going to get the Grand Highlander back in October.

But they couldn’t commit to less than a six months wait. And if we wanted to trade in our old RAV4 we needed to do it when giving them our down payment.

Ended our streak of Toyotas.

Kia gave us six grand for that old Rav with 300K on it, so Sorento won out.