80's Thread

The '80s had a shitload of good music.

If by "shitload" you refer to "diarrhea", then I agree.

And obviously, Slayer doesn't fall into the gay ass synthesizer and love ballad category I'm trashing.

Not every band did an REO Speedwagon turn
No, but there's one hell of a long list of them... Just peruse through this thread and high percentage of the songs/bands support my statement.

most of the good rock bands that put out some quality tunes in the '70s got gay as fuck in the '80s (see Van Halen & Rush for starters).
Moving Pictures
Permanent Waves
Signals
Diver Down

All released in the 80's. All badass.

Did you have a dildo sandwich for lunch?

You saying the 2010s had better music than the 1980s is hilarious.
Yes, the 2010s sucked pretty badly, too... ...and similarly... ...synthesized vocals (auto-tune) is gay as fuck too...

1980s is still worse, though, because the 1980s ruined good bands.

Aren't you the one that's mesmerized by that shitty, metal cover of Sounds of Silence?
No; that's @Wood20ks. I like some earlier Disturbed, but that particular song actually made me dislike them. I actually haven't liked much of anything from their last three albums and I never liked any of Disturbed's cover songs - even on their early albums.

Yes, the 2010s sucked pretty badly, too... ...and similarly... ...synthesized vocals (auto-tune) is gay as fuck too...

1980s is still worse, though, because the 1980s ruined good bands.

A lot of awesome bands started in the '80s, too. And others started in the '60s or '70s and remained awesome.

Metallica
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Slayer
Motorhead
GnR
Venom
Death
Exodus
Testament
Sabbath was still putting out good music
Ozzy
AC/DC
Sepultura
Aerosmith
Suicidal Tendencies
Corrosion of Conformity

The list is damn near endless.

I never listened to shitty pop music.

Moving Pictures
Permanent Waves
Signals
Diver Down

All released in the 80's. All badass.

Did you have a dildo sandwich for lunch?
Yes, both bands still had some good albums in the early '80s - before the decade corrupted them.

And I disagree about 1984. They got gay on that album. Admittedly, there a few good songs in there; but their first single was that synth-infused ultra-pop cornball "Jump" and it turned me the fuck off.

No; that's @Wood20ks. I like some earlier Disturbed, but that particular song actually made me dislike them. I actually haven't liked much of anything from their last three albums and I never liked any of Disturbed's cover songs - even on their early albums.
Alright. Mea culpa. Maybe we can be BFFs again.

Admittedly, there a few good songs in there; but their first single was that synth-infused ultra-pop cornball "Jump" and it turned me the fuck off.
Forget the BFF nonsense.

A lot of awesome bands started in the '80s, too. And others started in the '60s or '70s and remained awesome.

Metallica
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Slayer
Motorhead
GnR
Venom
Death
Exodus
Testament
Sabbath was still putting out good music
Ozzy
AC/DC
Sepultura
Aerosmith
Suicidal Tendencies
Corrosion of Conformity

The list is damn near endless.

I never listened to shitty pop music.
You have "Dude Looks Like a Lady" as your entrance music, don't you?...