A thread for the day after Monday

Also part of the problem. Yes, it is good for the worker, but puts a damper on productivity.
The U gets their pound of flesh and it isn't the "workers" responsibility to make others rich

Hang Out Smoking GIF by Searchlight Pictures

The U gets their pound of flesh and it isn't the "workers" responsibility to make others rich

Hang Out Smoking GIF by Searchlight Pictures
We come from different sides of the equation. I would not say it's your job to make me rich, but if I hired you, it is your responsibility to make me money. A return on my investment.

Otherwise, no job.

We come from different sides of the equation. I would not say it's your job to make me rich, but if I hired you, it is your responsibility to make me money. A return on my investment.

Otherwise, no job.
Too an extent, but don't expect undying loyalty when first sign of trouble you lay off work force

And in corporate world, if CEO fucks up and company gets fucked, 1000's lose their job with minimal compensation and the departed CEO leaves with 7 figure severance package

It's nuanced answer, but there advantages to being in Public sector, but I don't agree that we're not productive, etc nor are we not motivated.

I've worked in private sector as well, my answer is same, if I did get good work, I got rewarded with more work. My wife works in corporate world, she has some perks I don't, I have perks she doesn't

Too an extent, but don't expect undying loyalty when first sign of trouble you lay off work force

And in corporate world, if CEO fucks up and company gets fucked, 1000's lose their job with minimal compensation and the departed CEO leaves with 7 figure severance package

It's nuanced answer, but there advantages to being in Public sector, but I don't agree that we're not productive, etc nor are we not motivated.

I've worked in private sector as well, my answer is same, if I did get good work, I got rewarded with more work. My wife works in corporate world, she has some perks I don't, I have perks she doesn't
I worked as a business manager/owner and my "job" was at risk every day. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Sorry I missed your moment. Here' a belated attaboy.

I certainly don't much care one way or the other but just clarifying why it's not worth the energy to keep the daily thread going.

but thanks man lol