Accountability Thread

Lately I’ve been focused on the following:

bench (flat, incline or occasionally stop press)
Wide pull ups
Squats
deads
Overhead press

I do any 3 of those every without (5 sets each) then I’ll throw in any combo of dips, flies, barbell curls, dumbbell curls, kettle bell swings, tricep push downs, donkey calf raises, close grip bench, various shoulder exercises, various ab work etc

Gotta pretty decent home gym. No waiting. No noobs. Nobody bugging me.

I mean, OP seems ded. So I don’t know who #3 is

So back to just 2 then. I remember when the working out thread was the hottest ticket on the board. Then covid hit. Everybody stopped lifting.

Lately I’ve been focused on the following:

bench (flat, incline or occasionally stop press)
Wide pull ups
Squats
deads
Overhead press

I do any 3 of those every without (5 sets each) then I’ll throw in any combo of dips, flies, barbell curls, dumbbell curls, kettle bell swings, tricep push downs, donkey calf raises, close grip bench, various shoulder exercises, various ab work etc

Gotta pretty decent home gym. No waiting. No noobs. Nobody bugging me.
Went to a real gym recently. Gave me the itch to lift heavy again, but haven’t bothered reactivating my membership yet as I think we’re headed for An Uncle Joe lockdown. The weights we have at home just can’t cut it and plates and DBs are getting even more stupid expensive. Was in Dicks, their 5lb plates were $16. Get the fuck out.

Good times. No wonder everybody here is so crabby.

Used to go to the gym every weekday morning at 5:30am. Now I get up at 7:30 or later, take the dog out for ~15-20 mins 3-4x a day. What a piece of shit. :sigh:

Used to go to the gym every weekday morning at 5:30am. Now I get up at 7:30 or later, take the dog out for ~15-20 mins 3-4x a day. What a piece of shit. :sigh:
530 was already late. You were doomed from the start.

Went to a real gym recently. Gave me the itch to lift heavy again, but haven’t bothered reactivating my membership yet as I think we’re headed for An Uncle Joe lockdown. The weights we have at home just can’t cut it and plates and DBs are getting even more stupid expensive. Was in Dicks, their 5lb plates were $16. Get the fuck out.

Don’t even get me started. Go search how much Olympic plates cost on Amazon. Now that the arm is getting stronger I’m due for an upgrade. $90 for a 45 lb plate. I actually went into the gym the other day too because I wanted to try deadlifting more than the 275 I have at home. I’m going to just have to bite the bullet and buy them. Sucks.

Used to go to the gym every weekday morning at 5:30am.

When I worked at the gym this crowd hated me. I was in my twenties, out at the bar every night like everyone else. I was lucky to make it into the parking lot by 5:59. Line of people waiting for me at the door. All crabby. Stumble to the door at 6 and open it. Everybody rushes past me. There would be people doing full sprints on the treadmills before I could get all the TV’s and lights on.

530 was already late. You were doomed from the start.
Hey - thanks for the encouragement.

jim carrey GIF

When I worked at the gym this crowd hated me. I was in my twenties, out at the bar every night like everyone else. I was lucky to make it into the parking lot by 5:59. Line of people waiting for me at the door. All crabby. Stumble to the door at 6 and open it. Everybody rushes past me. There would be people doing full sprints on the treadmills before I could get all the TV’s and lights on.
I didn't go because I necessarily wanted to... my 13 mile commute took close to an hour if I left my house after 6:30, so I left by 5:15 and I got there in 15 minutes, ready to go (gym is at work). So I slashed my commute, got a good parking spot and still got some exercise in. :laugh:

Don’t even get me started. Go search how much Olympic plates cost on Amazon. Now that the arm is getting stronger I’m due for an upgrade. $90 for a 45 lb plate. I actually went into the gym the other day too because I wanted to try deadlifting more than the 275 I have at home. I’m going to just have to bite the bullet and buy them. Sucks.
I don't have an Olympic bar for anything worthwhile, but I wanted to get some 5s to give me more flexibility (and weight...) for my curl bar.

$35 after tax for 2 5lb pussyweights?

Get fukt.