Movie Alien 7: Romulus (2024)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
The next installment of the Alien series will be released on Friday, August 16, 2024. Teaser trailer:

Poster:

dn2rtrpthipc1.jpeg

Looks good. That's a franchise where even the bad entries are still entertaining.

My favorite movies.

If you haven't seen the uncut version of 3 yet do so. There was a lot cut out and when they added it back in it made it much better.

The next installment of the Alien series will be released on Friday, August 16, 2024. Teaser trailer:

I kinda gave up on this franchise. Prometheus was good-ish, but had some writing issues. Covenant was batshit crazy stupid. The idea of an "interquel" between the first two movies would've been a lot better, had it been produced circa 1999-2000. Instead, it's just a shameless cash grab. If you told me these movies were written by AI, I'd probably believe you.

It's turned into like the Halloween movies, or Fast and Furious.
Just crank those out.

But I'll have to see it.

It's turned into like the Halloween movies, or Fast and Furious.
Just crank those out.

But I'll have to see it.

Those movie franchises couldn't be more different.

Halloween is trying to do real interesting ideas, it just doesn't execute them well.

Fast and Furious is just trying to be more ridiculous than the last.

The last few haven't been anything special but I'll watch.

Based on the cast, looks like all the main characters are hot 20 year olds for some reason. That's probably not a good sign.

I kinda gave up on this franchise. Prometheus was good-ish, but had some writing issues. Covenant was batshit crazy stupid. The idea of an "interquel" between the first two movies would've been a lot better, had it been produced circa 1999-2000. Instead, it's just a shameless cash grab. If you told me these movies were written by AI, I'd probably believe you.

FWIW, this new movie is supposedly set in the timeframe between Alien and Aliens

FWIW, this new movie is supposedly set in the timeframe between Alien and Aliens
Yeah, I covered that with "interquel". So it'll have a cameo of a de-aged Lance Hendriksen.

Hollywood is officially out of ideas, if it keeps making the same movies over and over again. Top Gun will probably get a third entry, and Fast and Furious will almost certainly get another sequel. Maybe these movies piss off existing fans, maybe not. But it's hard to see how new fans are enticed to come watch stuff that's an obvious retread of something that ceased being innovative more than a decade ago. (Then again- Star Wars.)